Raiders resign OT Brandon Parker

NYRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

The OT FA class is really bad... Parker isn't terrible for a "backup" but he is a bad backup. Talking purely in backup terms, don't even mention starter and Parker together, he is a backup in this league, and a bad one at that. We definitely need some young blood on the OL. 

Orlando Brown Jr, Mike McGlinchey, Kaleb McGary, Isaiah Wynn, Donovan Smith, Jawaan Taylor it's definitely a decent OT class, imo.

On 3/12/2023 at 7:47 PM, Geezy said:

This might be the end of Elu. Wouldn’t mind Munford, Parker and a draft pick battling out for RT. 

Eluemunor played better than Parker though at RT. He did gave a penchant for penalties but his basic play was much better……. I’d trust Eluemunor more as a swing tackle too. Hopefully they see Munford has taken a step up and he can compete to be a starter, that would be ideal.

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Eluemunor played better than Parker though at RT. He did gave a penchant for penalties but his basic play was much better……. I’d trust Eluemunor more as a swing tackle too. Hopefully they see Munford has taken a step up and he can compete to be a starter, that would be ideal.

Eluemunor - 15 penalties 1947 snaps (11 - 17 starts 2022)

Parker - 27 penalties 2201 snaps (10 - 13 starts 2021)

3 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Eluemunor - 15 penalties 1947 snaps (11 - 17 starts 2022)

Parker - 27 penalties 2201 snaps (10 - 13 starts 2021)

I didn’t realise Parker was penalised that much! I can live with the odd penalty as long as the play is bc solid but his play was poor too!

15 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Worth noting, we've not seen Parker under any coach but Cable. Everyone improved this past season under this group. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I didn’t realise Parker was penalised that much! I can live with the odd penalty as long as the play is bc solid but his play was poor too!

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Worth noting, we've not seen Parker under any coach but Cable. Everyone improved this past season under this group. 

Parker is a wildcard and it is possible he has improved but I still think his only value is on the left side.  Hope I am wrong and he can finally put it together on the right side after being forced there for the 6th season.