? Week 13: Buccaneers (4-7) @ Packers (5-6)

bucsfan333

I was impressed with Brett Huntley last week on the road. If that wasn't a fluke and he looks to build on that performance, Bucs could be in trouble Bc he can be a threat on the ground as well. Hoping it was just a fluke. 

Winston may play but I'm not so confident this week. He may sit another game unless he's absolutely pain free. 

Keep Winston on the bench. Legit no point in rushing him back.

Even in some insane scenario where we go on a hot streak and sneak into wildcard, does anyone see us going to the Superbowl and winning it all?

If the answer is no, then there's no point in rushing him back at all. I just can't stop thinking of Andrew Luck every time this Winston shoulder thing comes up. There is rumors that the Colts staff knew during the 2016 season that his shoulder was hurt but decided to have him play anyways. Now it's week 13 and he hasn't played a single down this season. I am not trying to look at Fitzpatrick's beard under the center in our week 1 opener next season.

As far as the game: like someone said, we make backups look like HoF starters. We get beat but not too bad.
Bucs-17
Packers-28

EDIT: Did some research on how Luck is doing. Found this:

On November 11, it was revealed that Luck was traveling to Europe to seek additional treatment for his previously injured shoulder

This dude might never play in the NFL again...hope I'm wrong.

All the more reasons to keep Winston benched. Also we all know Winston is the type of dude to say he is 100% feeling good just to get back on the field, even if he only feels 50% at best.

If I'm Brett Hundley I'm looking at this pass defense like a winning lottery ticket.  I have a good game and in a couple of years my agent can say to teams look how Brett did against an NFL defense after a few games  getting acclimated to being a starter.  I wish I was wrong, but Glennon put up 300 yards against this defense.  Also, 3rd road game after a division road game loss, not expecting great things from the Bucs this week.  I hope I'm wrong. 

Really just want to see more of the same last week. Good drives by the offense and poor defense. The horrid pass rush and secondary needs to be exploited till the point its blatantly obvious so whoever steps in next year makes the changes because clearly these idiots thought we were good.

I’d trade Gholston, cut Ayers, and build up from scratch. Cornerbacks will need some revamping too. 

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder if we're gonna (eventually) do to Hump what we did to Stocker. Not necessarily release him, but phase him out for the young guys like Godwin and Bobo. Hump will be an RFA after the season.

Humphries is a great story, UDFA who has played in the league for 3 years.  We all hope he will be another Welker, but those are some long odds.  He isn't a big guy and has taken some hard shots.  They have to get Godwin more involved with Evans and DJAX.   Bobo from a physical skills stand point should be pretty good in the slot, I hope he is focused. 

19 hours ago, ravishingone said:

If I'm Brett Hundley I'm looking at this pass defense like a winning lottery ticket.  I have a good game and in a couple of years my agent can say to teams look how Brett did against an NFL defense after a few games  getting acclimated to being a starter.  I wish I was wrong, but Glennon put up 300 yards against this defense.  Also, 3rd road game after a division road game loss, not expecting great things from the Bucs this week.  I hope I'm wrong. 

We don't know what we'll get from Hundley.  One series he looks like he can actually be a decent NFL QB and on the next he looks like he has no clue what he is doing.  He looked pretty good Sunday night but the week before against the Ravens he was dreadful tossing 3 picks and fumbling once.  It's been an adventure, that's for sure.  It hasn't been too cold up in Green Bay for this time of the year so you guys might luck out in that department.  I get all of your games down here in N. Fort Myers so I'll get to watch this game locally.

Archived