? Week 13: Buccaneers (4-7) @ Packers (5-6)

bucsfan333

lol Dirk don't give a damn if this can mess Winston up for life, he just wants to not get fired this season and figure out what to do at QB in the offseason. The good old "we'll cross that bridge when we get there"(IF Winston's shoulder does get worse as a result of this)

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It was stupid before, with the lost season. But now it's twice as stupid with our only two good olinemen on IR.

Just because he had a shoulder injury doesn't mean it's the similar injury to luck and cam newton or even drew brees. 

I actually think winston needs to play for a development/progression standpoint. He's not been good and he's still young. They need to see how he performs down the stretch. If the shoulder isn't serious, play. See where he stands at year end. 

9 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Just because he had a shoulder injury doesn't mean it's the similar injury to luck and cam newton or even drew brees. 

I actually think winston needs to play for a development/progression standpoint. He's not been good and he's still young. They need to see how he performs down the stretch. If the shoulder isn't serious, play. See where he stands at year end. 

Well, yeah. I don't wanna sit him for the sake of it. IF he can play, he needs to play. But if we're trying to rush him back before he's ready (like we did a few weeks ago) then we're making a mistake.

4 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It sounds like Bobo might get a chance to return kicks this week. Which makes getting rid of Reedy seem odd. But Koetter has called Bobo the most improved guy on the team. So maybe he'll get a chance to line up at WR once or twice.

I hope Benenoch is the 2nd most improved guy on the team.  I hold out hope that when Luke Petitgout went down with a leg injury in Carolina an unknown tackle named Donald Penn stepped in and the rest is history.  Grab the oppotunity Caleb.

Winston needs these reps. Yeah these are meaningless games for us but he needs these live reps with D Jack, Godwin, and Evans heading forward. He is inconsistent as hell which is expected for a year 3 QB but the only way to turn into a consistently good QB is to perfect your craft. Plus, I want something to look forward to on Sunday's. Offense has potential to be potent with #3.

8 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I hope Benenoch is the 2nd most improved guy on the team.  I hold out hope that when Luke Petitgout went down with a leg injury in Carolina an unknown tackle named Donald Penn stepped in and the rest is history.  Grab the oppotunity Caleb.

Now there's a name I haven't heard in a loooooooonnggg time.

I understand the logic, but medically cleared always gives me pause.  Market and Dotson were medically cleared to come back in the game on Sunday, yet are now on IR.  I appreciate Monken s candor, I wouldn't be against him being play caller so Koetter can do all the duties of being a head coach more thoroughly.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I understand the logic, but medically cleared always gives me pause.  Market and Dotson were medically cleared to come back in the game on Sunday, yet are now on IR.  I appreciate Monken s candor, I wouldn't be against him being play caller so Koetter can do all the duties of being a head coach more thoroughly.

Quite simple. Winston is healthy. He has a lot to work on from a development standpoint. He hasn't looked like the franchise qb we took at number 1. He needs reps and something to build on going into the off season. 

Archived