? Week 13: Buccaneers (4-7) @ Packers (5-6)

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

He drafted J Evans, Stevie T, and Kendell Beckwith. He brought in Wilcox, Ward, and Baker. Hoping the best for the pass rush was a fail, but it isn't like he didn't try to fix the defense everywhere else we needed upgrades.

That's true. I just don't think it was a smart idea to bank on Spence to have a big season and failing to address the DE position. When last year they were terrible as a group minus Spence/Ayers. You need a pass rush to win consistently and he has not done enough to fix it. Spence was a nice piece but its a far cry to put your eggs into one player. The guys that have a clue on how to build a defense draft multiple defensive ends.

2 hours ago, indifference said:

That's true. I just don't think it was a smart idea to bank on Spence to have a big season and failing to address the DE position. When last year they were terrible as a group minus Spence/Ayers. You need a pass rush to win consistently and he has not done enough to fix it. Spence was a nice piece but its a far cry to put your eggs into one player. The guys that have a clue on how to build a defense draft multiple defensive ends.

Well, the guys who draft multiple dline have to draft correctly.  Dom drafted 3 other dlinemen in the first 2 rounds who should be as old as GMC or younger.  I very much disagree with fans who suggest Gruden ruined the Bucs.  Dom ruined the Bucs because he couldnt draft worth a damn or even try to draft olinemen.  How stupid is it to draft a QB in the first round, but not draft oline at all because of the spread in college makes it difficult to evaluate future performance in the pros.  His free agency wasn't very good. Mark Dominik is easily the man most responsible for the last 9 years. I will give Licht the benefit of the doubt because there were a lot of holes on the roster.  Of course, Lovie/Licht made new holes by cutting Revis and  Penn then replacing them with trash.  

IMO, Licht did a lot better job drafting then Dom, but the Aguayo pick is brutal considering his inability to supplement the roster in areas he didnt draft.  I'm glad he didn't  draft for need, but he had to do better in free agency.  I think he leaves the roster in better shape then when he got here.  Give me a retread GM that can build off this foundation and at least have average success in free agency, I don't think a quick turnaround is out of the question.  

19 hours ago, indifference said:

Facts. This defense is not good enough to win the big one, nor have they ever. Licht got duped into thinking they were legit because of a fluke 6 game stretch and for that needs to be fired.

i think all of the coaches need to be let go BUT Licht deserves to stay

anyone would have been tricked by that 6 game stretch where our defense was dominant last year, and for the first time in a long time Lichts drafts have been pretty spot on with need and BPA , cant say that before him, and hes found some gems

i blame the coaches for not evaluating players properly or coaching them for that matter

34 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i think all of the coaches need to be let go BUT Licht deserves to stay

anyone would have been tricked by that 6 game stretch where our defense was dominant last year, and for the first time in a long time Lichts drafts have been pretty spot on with need and BPA , cant say that before him, and hes found some gems

i blame the coaches for not evaluating players properly or coaching them for that matter

Anyone? Definitely not me. The defense failed to show up when we needed them to when it mattered most. The non-existent pass rush that you see today was on film the last five weeks of the season and it cost us vs DAL and NO. Those two loses weren't bad defensive performances but after those games, DL were huge let downs.

Archived