Which QB Does Carolina Pick at 1? Poll

brownie man

Who does Carolina pick at 1   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB Goes 1?

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Stroud definitely had more big name guys, but its not like Bryce was playing with scrubs at Wyoming.  Its still Bama.

A little more info, top receivers for Bama last year, and not one even had over 700 yards.  

Jermaine Burton WR (maybe a 5th-6th round pick next year, possibly UDFA or 7th rounder if declared this year)

Ja'Corey Brooks WR (has potential but right now I would say no chance to be a 1st rounder next year)

Jahmyr Gibbs RB (possible 1st round pick but most likely a 2nd rounder, was a great pass catching RB though)

Cameron Latu TE (in this deep TE class he will drop possibly to the 6th or 7th round)

Kobe Prentice WR (has a chance next year but not sure he is 1st round potential at all)

Traeshon Holden WR (super disappointing, transferred to Oregon)

Isaiah Bond WR (possibly could turn out but is a bit of a long shot)

Jase McClellan RB (a decent RB but no where close to a 1st rounder)

JoJo Earle WR (very disappointing transferred to TCU)

Kendrick Law WR (has potential but again super early to tell)

Again compared that crap show to Ohio State who had two thousand yard receivers, Smith-Njigba was hurt almost all season and it did not even matter.  Harrison Jr is probably the 1st WR taken in 2024 draft and Emeka Egbuka could be a 1st rounder if he keeps developing.  Cade Stover could be a mid round pick if he keeps developing as well and Julian Fleming could be a mid round draft pick possibly as well.  And that is not even considering the OL.  

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If the Panthers are playing 10th dimensional chess, they might swap #1 and #2 with Houston and get the other one.

That’s actually not a bad idea. 

Maybe they can recoup a second or third. I think Houston would lean Bryce regardless so if you like Stroud it could possibly work. 

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If the Panthers are playing 10th dimensional chess, they might swap #1 and #2 with Houston and get the other one.

Trade #1 to Arizona for #3 and DeAndre Hopkins. Still get one of the top 2 QBs and land a better WR than Moore. 

7 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Sure they were not scrubs but CJ Stroud had 5 potential 1st round picks on that offensive roster, maybe 6.  Bryce had zero this past year, maybe one but even that is a little stretch.  So no wonder why the year previous when he at least he Evan Neal blocking and Jameson Williams/Metchie at WR, he was far better in terms of production!

It is not a dig on Stroud's leadership or prep, it the fact that Bryce Young is that good at it and mentally is about as elite as you can get in terms of a QB prospect.   Leadership on the off the field, preparation and studying, Bryce Young is a A+.

I think Stroud is an A+ as well.  I've yet to hear anything except rave reviews about either.

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

A little more info, top receivers for Bama last year, and not one even had over 700 yards.  

Jermaine Burton WR (maybe a 5th-6th round pick next year, possibly UDFA or 7th rounder if declared this year)

Ja'Corey Brooks WR (has potential but right now I would say no chance to be a 1st rounder next year)

Jahmyr Gibbs RB (possible 1st round pick but most likely a 2nd rounder, was a great pass catching RB though)

Cameron Latu TE (in this deep TE class he will drop possibly to the 6th or 7th round)

Kobe Prentice WR (has a chance next year but not sure he is 1st round potential at all)

Traeshon Holden WR (super disappointing, transferred to Oregon)

Isaiah Bond WR (possibly could turn out but is a bit of a long shot)

Jase McClellan RB (a decent RB but no where close to a 1st rounder)

JoJo Earle WR (very disappointing transferred to TCU)

Kendrick Law WR (has potential but again super early to tell)

Again compared that crap show to Ohio State who had two thousand yard receivers, Smith-Njigba was hurt almost all season and it did not even matter.  Harrison Jr is probably the 1st WR taken in 2024 draft and Emeka Egbuka could be a 1st rounder if he keeps developing.  Cade Stover could be a mid round pick if he keeps developing as well and Julian Fleming could be a mid round draft pick possibly as well.  And that is not even considering the OL.  

No denying that Stroud had an incredible supporting cast, but Bama was still more talented than most the teams they played this year.  They just didn't have the obscene talent of years past.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I think Stroud is an A+ as well.  I've yet to hear anything except rave reviews about either.

No denying that Stroud had an incredible supporting cast, but Bama was still more talented than most the teams they played this year.  They just didn't have the obscene talent of years past.

2020: Jameson Williams/ Metchie/ Bolden

2019: D. Smith/ Waddle/ Metchie / Billingsley

2018: D. Smith/ Jeudy/ Ruggs/ Waddle

2017: Jeudy/ Waddle/ Ruggs/ I. Smith/ D. Smith 

2016: Ridley/ Jeudy/ Ruggs/ C. Sims/ R. Foster/ D. Smith

2015: A. Stewart/ Ridley / OJ Howard/ C. Sims

2014: Ridley/ A. Stewart / OJ Howard/ Mullaney/ R. Foster

2013: A. Cooper/ D. White/ C. Jones/ OJ Howard

2012: A. Cooper/ K. Norwood/ K. Bell/ C. Jones

Have to go almost 10 years to find a Bama team with worse WRs than this past season, and 2011 is it when they had AJ McCarron as a QB.  But the year before that they had Julio Jones...

2011: M. Mazie/ B. Smelley/ D. Hanks

Sure those Ridley and Cooper years were basically just those guys in those seasons then OJ Howard at times, still Bama had no true #1 like that this year, not even close.  

CJ Stroud, not sure he had the pressure especially this past year Bryce Young did.  Stroud did not have to do difficult interviews like Bryce Young had to do after they lost the National Title the year previous, and after those road loses this past year then the interviews of not being in the playoff and then playing the bowl game which no one does if they are not the playoff and they are supposed to be a high pick.  Will Anderson Jr did the same obviously but Bryce was the more vocal leader and the dude got killed this past season and hit constantly which caused him to get injured.  Took it in stride and did not complain or throw his teammates under the bus, to me he faced way more challenges than CJ Stroud did.  Sure CJ lost to Michigan the past two years and did not win the Big Ten title but I do not recall him giving some great interview after those games, and he is not nearly as vocal on the sidelines as Bryce, he is more on the quiet side.  Oh and not to mention Bryce and the pressure of being really the first NIL athlete right out of high school to get millions and never play a down yet, and he did just fine and won the Heisman.  Dude is a cool customer.  CJ Stroud does throw a better deep ball and overall is more smooth as a passer.  

43 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

2020: Jameson Williams/ Metchie/ Bolden

2019: D. Smith/ Waddle/ Metchie / Billingsley

2018: D. Smith/ Jeudy/ Ruggs/ Waddle

2017: Jeudy/ Waddle/ Ruggs/ I. Smith/ D. Smith 

2016: Ridley/ Jeudy/ Ruggs/ C. Sims/ R. Foster/ D. Smith

2015: A. Stewart/ Ridley / OJ Howard/ C. Sims

2014: Ridley/ A. Stewart / OJ Howard/ Mullaney/ R. Foster

2013: A. Cooper/ D. White/ C. Jones/ OJ Howard

2012: A. Cooper/ K. Norwood/ K. Bell/ C. Jones

Have to go almost 10 years to find a Bama team with worse WRs than this past season, and 2011 is it when they had AJ McCarron as a QB.  But the year before that they had Julio Jones...

2011: M. Mazie/ B. Smelley/ D. Hanks

Sure those Ridley and Cooper years were basically just those guys in those seasons then OJ Howard at times, still Bama had no true #1 like that this year, not even close.  

CJ Stroud, not sure he had the pressure especially this past year Bryce Young did.  Stroud did not have to do difficult interviews like Bryce Young had to do after they lost the National Title the year previous, and after those road loses this past year then the interviews of not being in the playoff and then playing the bowl game which no one does if they are not the playoff and they are supposed to be a high pick.  Will Anderson Jr did the same obviously but Bryce was the more vocal leader and the dude got killed this past season and hit constantly which caused him to get injured.  Took it in stride and did not complain or throw his teammates under the bus, to me he faced way more challenges than CJ Stroud did.  Sure CJ lost to Michigan the past two years and did not win the Big Ten title but I do not recall him giving some great interview after those games, and he is not nearly as vocal on the sidelines as Bryce, he is more on the quiet side.  Oh and not to mention Bryce and the pressure of being really the first NIL athlete right out of high school to get millions and never play a down yet, and he did just fine and won the Heisman.  Dude is a cool customer.  CJ Stroud does throw a better deep ball and overall is more smooth as a passer.  

I almost always enjoy your interesting takes but I'm Curious why you are trying so hard to repeatedly make this point.  You know who else had a great supporting cast?  Joe Burrow.  That didn't stop him from performing on Sundays.  Tua was good until the concussions.  Supporting casts definitely help, but you are going out of your way to hold it against Stroud, who by the way, took Georgia to the brink, and had them minus the idiot kicker.  Alabama's defense was better that OSUs as well, setting up shorter fields.  Should we ding Young for that?

11 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I almost always enjoy your interesting takes but I'm Curious why you are trying so hard to repeatedly make this point.  You know who else had a great supporting cast?  Joe Burrow.  That didn't stop him from performing on Sundays.  Tua was good until the concussions.  Supporting casts definitely help, but you are going out of your way to hold it against Stroud, who by the way, took Georgia to the brink, and had them minus the idiot kicker.  Alabama's defense was better that OSUs as well, setting up shorter fields.  Should we ding Young for that?

You do know currently I have CJ Stroud the #1 pick in the draft right?  Hold it against?  How?  

Fact is to me mentally no way CJ Stroud is as good as Bryce Young, that is the point. Also CJ Stroud played with probably the best offensive mind in college football in Ryan Day, a guy who should be the head coach in the NFL right now.  So do I hold that against him when talking about prep and performance?  Yeah, but again I do have him being the 1st QB selected at the moment.

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You do know currently I have CJ Stroud the #1 pick in the draft right?  Hold it against?  How?  

Fact is to me mentally no way CJ Stroud is as good as Bryce Young, that is the point. Also CJ Stroud played with probably the best offensive mind in college football in Ryan Day, a guy who should be the head coach in the NFL right now.  So do I hold that against him when talking about prep and performance?  Yeah, but again I do have him being the 1st QB selected at the moment.

Having him #1 doesn't mean you aren't driving the narrative that his supporting cast dings him.  You've had several posts saying it.  

And as much pressure as Young faced for not winning the national title, don't you think Stroud had to for never beating Michigan?