Which QB Does Carolina Pick at 1? Poll

brownie man

Who does Carolina pick at 1   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB Goes 1?

If I naturally had the #1 pick, I would probably pick Young.  But if I had to trade considerable assets to do it, I would pick Stroud because everybody in this business makes decisions with "keeping their jobs" in mind and if we're in another Tua/Herbert situation where the guy who's probably not big enough for the NFL has a serious injury history and the other guy is good, then I'm probably out the door.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If I naturally had the #1 pick, I would probably pick Young.  But if I had to trade considerable assets to do it, I would pick Stroud because everybody in this business makes decisions with "keeping their jobs" in mind and if we're in another Tua/Herbert situation where the guy who's probably not big enough for the NFL has a serious injury history and the other guy is good, then I'm probably out the door.

exactly 

that’s why I think it’ll be Stroud too 

giving up assets for a 5’10 QB that’s tough

but where Houston is at 2 itll make total sense. 

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

What?  I can't tell if this is serious or not.

It’s not. A stacked roster doesn’t matter that much unless you can show how it specifically covers for or compensates for a flaw of that QB imo.

Stroud had a fantastic supporting cast, yes, but I don’t think it matters to his evaluation, really.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

It’s not. A stacked roster doesn’t matter that much unless you can show how it specifically covers for or compensates for a flaw of that QB imo.

Stroud had a fantastic supporting cast, yes, but I don’t think it matters to his evaluation, really.

You said Lawrence and Burrow haven't won anything.  Lawrence just helped engineer one of the biggest comebacks in sports and playoff history and Burrow was in the Super Bowl last year and made it back to the AFC Championship game this past season.  So what do you mean "they haven't won anything"?  

38 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

You said Lawrence and Burrow haven't won anything.  Lawrence just helped engineer one of the biggest comebacks in sports and playoff history and Burrow was in the Super Bowl last year and made it back to the AFC Championship game this past season.  So what do you mean "they haven't won anything"?  

I mean saying that is in sarcasm.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Trade #1 to Arizona for #3 and DeAndre Hopkins. Still get one of the top 2 QBs and land a better WR than Moore. 

Why would Arizona move up for a defensive player knowing they are guaranteed to fall to them?

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I am being Stroud, but I'm hoping Richardson because

1- the chaos it would bring

2- the absolute balls it would take to do so

3- Gator going first overall

It's not inconceivable that Carolina ends up with Richardson, but it's because they traded #1 to Indy and Arizona took a defensive player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It's not inconceivable that Carolina ends up with Richardson, but it's because they traded #1 to Indy and Arizona took a defensive player.

That would be a brilliant maneuver by the Panthers.  A one-man band QB would be perfect for a team with as few stars as the Panthers have.  They could recoup their 2024 first round pick and their 2023 second.

As the SIS chart indicates, other teams will go with Stroud if they do have a RB threat, Young if they don't.

===  SIS On Target Percentage by Throw Depth Chart  ===

Air   |         On Target % by Throw Depth
  Yards  | 
   31+   |    55.6%   | 45.8% | 45.0%  | 41.2%  | 35.0%
21 to 30 |    53.5%   | 50.0% | 62.5%  | 54.5%  | 72.2%
16 to 20 |    54.5%   | 63.2% | 78.6%  | 73.7%  | 46.2%
11 to 15 |    61.8%   | 72.6% | 60.8%  | 70.3%  | 58.8%
 6 to 10 |    61.9%   | 83.1% | 74.5%  | 74.7%  | 69.4%
 1 to 5  |    70.8%   | 82.6% | 79.5%  | 78.9%  | 82.3%
         |            |       |        |        |  
   SIS   |   Anthony  | Bryce |  C.J.  | Hendon | Will
         | Richardson | Young | Stroud | Hooker | Levis

Malik Wright has developed into one of the most reliable sources come draft time. He was the first one to lock in Jamarr Chase into Cincinnati despite the Sewell chatter, was one of the first on Stingly Jr to Houston, among other tidbits. Essentially, he doesn’t say anything unless he knows.

Today he’s still confident the pick is Bryce Young, despite the size fit for Reich. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Tua's concussions aren't really about his size. It's his play style. If he were 6'3 with the same ability and style, the probability that he'd still have bashed his head repeatedly on the ground is still high.

Kyler Murray not taking the next step as a QB isn't about his size, it's his leadership/maturity. Russell Wilson failing in Den isn't about his size, it's that as a mobile reliant QB he's aged faster than other QBs. Baker Mayfield's amazing inconsistency isn't about his size, it's his ability to process. What's the last QB that we can reasonably say failed because of their size?

If Carolina takes Stroud it's because they project him to be a better QB than Young. They'd be wrong, but it shouldn't have anything to do with size or saving face. And if it does it's a gigantic mistake.

Edited by BrownLeader

17 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Malik Wright has developed into one of the most reliable sources come draft time. He was the first one to lock in Jamarr Chase into Cincinnati despite the Sewell chatter, was one of the first on Stingly Jr to Houston, among other tidbits. Essentially, he doesn’t say anything unless he knows.

Today he’s still confident the pick is Bryce Young, despite the size fit for Reich.