TE Outlook 2018

MacReady

Who's coming out this year that'd be available some place in that 2nd-4th round area? 

Before the season I figured we'd let Rodgers walk and get the future but things are murky now. I wouldn't be upset at bringing Richard back but it's definitely not exciting me either.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

let's extend Davante, get rid of cobb, restructure Jordy, move on from Richard Rodgers and steal Paul Richardson and Jimmy Graham from Seattle in Free Agency.

WR1 - Adams

WR2 - Nelson

WR3 - Richardson

WR4 - Rookie

WR5 - Janis/Allison

TE1 - Graham

TE2 - Kendricks

TE3 - Rookie

Paul Richardson is going to be a free agent? Where the hell did the time go

27 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

this was his only healthy season.  Would seattle dare part with Graham though?

Yeah. That's why it is. He just never is playing. Just doesn't feel like four seasons at all.

Just say no to ballerina legged receivers

15 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

@spilltray, I do think receiver is fine.  Once Cobb was healthy and Cook was healthy, Cobb had 18 receptions for 260 yards and 3 touchdowns in the playoffs.  Nelson is better when we have a TE threat, Adams is better when we have a TE threat.  Still, you're right, it's not a STRENGTH necessarily, but it's not a glaring weakness, and TE makes that position better, too.  Still, like I said, I'd like to go WR in 3.  TE in 4.  Or vice versa. 

Cobb is always banged up and just hasn't been consistently effective for some time now. It's getting to the point it's hard to tell if he is hurt or slowing down. 

Nelson is fine for the moment but slowing down and WR takes a bit. Things were better when they did things like ease in Jordy while they already had Driver and Jennings than waiting until you need a starter NOW, so it's time to find that guy.

I'm not married to any round for any potential holes. Right now I have the holes as:

Pass rush

Edge CB (House is a FA)

Edge WR

TE

I don't really care how or what is done about those things but they all need to be addressed.

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

let's extend Davante, get rid of cobb, restructure Jordy, move on from Richard Rodgers and steal Paul Richardson and Jimmy Graham from Seattle in Free Agency.

WR1 - Adams

WR2 - Nelson

WR3 - Richardson

WR4 - Rookie

WR5 - Janis/Allison

TE1 - Graham

TE2 - Kendricks

TE3 - Rookie

I can't see Seattle letting Graham go.  Who else do they have to catch passes from Wilson?

10 hours ago, incognito_man said:

WR1 - Adams

WR2 - Nelson

WR3 - Richardson

WR4 - Rookie

WR5 - Janis/Allison

TE1 - Graham

TE2 - Kendricks

TE3 - Rookie

Cutting Cobb creates 2.3 million in dead money against the cap in 2018. He will return. If Mathews gets cut next year there is no dead money and the team cap saves over 11 million. 

Archived