TE Outlook 2018

MacReady

6 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Cutting Cobb creates 2.3 million in dead money against the cap in 2018. He will return. If Mathews gets cut next year there is no dead money and the team cap saves over 11 million. 

Not cutting him counts $12+ million. He won't return. His situation is independent of Matthews. Both could be gone/restructured or bad value. Pick one.

33 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Dallas Goedert. South Dakota State. 6'4" 260 lbs. Would love him in the second round....if he makes it that far. Article below even talks about him being a Packers fan.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000866868/article/super-sleeper-is-dallas-goedert-nfls-next-matchup-nightmare

Wieneke is the dude on that team too at WR. I don't think there's a chance in hell Dallas plays at 260 though. 

9 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Wieneke is the dude on that team too at WR. I don't think there's a chance in hell Dallas plays at 260 though. 

Wieneke is fun to watch as well, reminds me of Cooper Kupp/Adam Thielen type. 260 seems very big for him. Some website had him listed at that though so I quickly transferred that information without much thought. 

14 minutes ago, MaryTsraining3s said:

Wieneke is fun to watch as well, reminds me of Cooper Kupp/Adam Thielen type. 260 seems very big for him. Some website had him listed at that though so I quickly transferred that information without much thought. 

Yeah, I wasn't trying to correct you. I've seen him listed like that before and I'm like yeah I don't know about that....

Idk who to compare him too exactly. I like Jake though.

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Not cutting him counts $12+ million. He won't return. His situation is independent of Matthews. Both could be gone/restructured or bad value. Pick one.

No cutting Cobb saves his base salary but he will have 2.3 million in pro-rated bonus and whatever else gets rolled into dead money. Cobb does not have a total guaranteed contract and neither does Clay. I think the sources I checked are correct.

21 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

No cutting Cobb saves his base salary but he will have 2.3 million in pro-rated bonus and whatever else gets rolled into dead money. Cobb does not have a total guaranteed contract and neither does Clay. I think the sources I checked are correct.

This doesn't conflict with anything I said. I am aware of their contract statuses.

47 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

Incog said "NOT cutting him costs 12m". I think you understood "No, cutting him costs 12m".

Glad I could help

On 11/28/2017 at 9:07 AM, {Family Ghost} said:

Good player when healthy ... only problem is the guy is never healthy.  Given his track record with injuries .. given the Packers track record with injuries .. it would be a bust of a signing.

Maybe a negative plus a negative would be a positive with signing him 

15 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Why does everybody want Graham?  I can't understand it.  He's older than Martellus Bennett and Bennett was seen as a stop gap. 

i was just thinking about this again (after I watched him drop an easy pass) and came to think I don't want him either.

Unfortunately, the TE FA class looks bad this year.

Kendricks might be the best option for us in 2018.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

i was just thinking about this again (after I watched him drop an easy pass) and came to think I don't want him either.

Graham is still someone a defense respects, Kendricks is not. We need to look hard at Graham. I wouldn't go over a 2 year deal, but unless you're using a 1/trading up for a TE it's Graham or minimal production next year.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Should not base a complete assessment on 1 play.  

Comes down to options.  Mid round rookie pick plus a vet FA can help both 2018 and future.  

Just now, incognito_man said:

I really like Eiffert.  Only guys I'd want to sign would be Eiffert or Seferian-Jenkins. 

Archived