TE Outlook 2018

MacReady

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I really like Eiffert.  Only guys I'd want to sign would be Eiffert or Seferian-Jenkins. 

i read 'back injury' and went 'ehhhh' with Eifert.

I just want people who can stay healthy more than anything right now ha. ASJ has appeal, but he's underachieved everywhere so far. Maybe Cameron Brate on the RFA designation?

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i read 'back injury' and went 'ehhhh' with Eifert.

I just want people who can stay healthy more than anything right now ha. ASJ has appeal, but he's underachieved everywhere so far. Maybe Cameron Brate on the RFA designation?

They'll probably tag him at a 2nd, how is losing a pick and shelling out money more appealing than just signing Graham?

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Mark me down as thinking we have much bigger fish to fry than TE. 

If we're talking a FA - put that money in the defense

Where? Pass rushers don't hit FA, we've seen that every year. Sure if Ziggy Ansah/Demarcus Lawrence hits FA Id throw 60/4 at him and go for the TE in the draft, but there's no way they don't get franchised, even so that would be Ted going after the top line FA, never happens.

I wish we could sign a top pass rusher, but I don't see it.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Where? Pass rushers don't hit FA, we've seen that every year. Sure if Ziggy Ansah/Demarcus Lawrence hits FA Id throw 60/4 at him and go for the TE in the draft, but there's no way they don't get franchised, even so that would be Ted going after the top line FA, never happens.

I wish we could sign a top pass rusher, but I don't see it.

Impossible to speculate at this point. Do we re-sign Burnett ? Will our CB situation still be lacking ? 

I don't have a list of all available players, but if you can't fix the defense, what's the point ?

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Impossible to speculate at this point. Do we re-sign Burnett ? Will our CB situation still be lacking ? 

I don't have a list of all available players, but if you can't fix the defense, what's the point ?

You draft some pass rushers and hopefully sign a modest priced CB like House was. Hopefully King, Jones, Adams, Biegel make a nice jump.

However, you make sure Rodgers has every weapon needed to outscore teams of it comes to that.

28 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Pederson will pound the table to keep burton.  That guy was their entire red zone offense in Wentz's rookie year for the first 8-10 weeks.  Then they realized Ertz was healthy.

He may pound the table for him, but they also have to pay him and have the $$ to do so.    PHI is over the cap for 2018 (until the increase in cap is factored in), but that will not leave them a lot of room with rookies and other FA they may have to sign. 

Speaking of TE's....

Would you rather have a Cook-type who is fast and can challenge in the passing game, or a Bennett-type who can actually block in the run game ?

Of course we'd love to have one who can do both, but given the unicorn nature of that combination - which skill set would you value more in 2018 ?

Pass catching or blocking ?

Archived