TE Outlook 2018

MacReady

My thoughts:

Cook was perfect for us, Rodgers liked him and he had one of the greatest catches in franchise history, wish we coulda kept him. But, he did miss some games.

Bennett disappointed me. I thought he had a red brick road to the Pro Bowl this year. Instead i now dislike him as much as Russell Wilson. Thats saying something.

RickRod is probably going to get paid elsewhere. I would love him back as a backup since he knows us and has a knack for coming up big, maybe we get lucky and there is no market.

Lance is going to be suspended and hasnt really clicked yet.

Can i just throw in that Rob Gronkowski is the greatest to ever play the position and its litteraly not even fair. Last week i saw god disguised as a TE.

I truly think Jimmy Graham fits the bill for us. IF hes healthy and has some gas left...he could bring Rodgers back to that 2011 level where everyone is open.

But...i fear the worst. When we pay Davante and have 3 of the top 25 receivers salaries in the NFL (And none are 1000 yard guys this year), we wont have money for a TE.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:26 PM, Shanedorf said:

The question I was trying to ask was:  which skillset likely makes a bigger difference to a Rodgers-led offense in 2018 ?  Seems like a competent run- blocking TE would boost the Packers offense more than another pass- catcher.

We need a good pass catcher who can hold up in protection.  They don't necessarily need to be an elite blocking TE, but the only TE we currently have under contract can't really line up in-line.

I never realized that Jared Cook's actual number of his deal are 2 years $10.6 million a year, with incentives to earn up to $800,000 each year. Man it stinks that we just couldn't get it done irregardless. 

43 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I wonder if they will consider trying Micheal Clark at TE next season?  

My first thought would be if ya wanted Michael to be a TE, you'd think they'd want to play him as a TE day one, gotta think they have some "tight end" like stuff for him if he ever turns out to be anything either way I'm sure.

11 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Clark is listed at 2 lbs heavier than Nelson and Adams with a very high center of gravity. Blocking potential on the line is very low

I guess he'd have to add on some pounds and muscle.  I guess I wondered if he could play TE when I heard he played basketball.

Archived