Rams trade CB Jalen Ramsey to Dolphins for 3rd rounder + TE Hunter Long

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

A healthy Tua in that offense was damn near the best QB in the league. 

A healthy Tua was damn near better than Patrick Mahomes? Hyperbole exists here.

Spin it however you like, even if healthy (which Tua cannot be trusted to be), Tua’s not close to Allen. The Bills defenses have been consistently better. The coaching’s been consistently better. The wins have been consistently higher, and they’ve been consistent powerhouses in the conference. 

But the Dolphins got a declining corner to pair with their declining corner…give them the division now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Thinking the Rams got fleeced means we need to educate ourselves?

right-dr-evil.gif

No I’m saying the Rams have a plan this is part of it. Send Ramsey to a place he wants to go so the Rams organization can stay being viewed in a great way by players unlike let’s say the Texans. While also setting themselves up in 2024 to have a ton of cap space. That’s why I said go listen to the 11 personnel podcast.

I had no clue what the Rams were doing until I listened to the podcast and was like ok I understand. And the podcast Jourdan kept saying what the Rams are doing could blow up in their face but they already have the right guys and culture in place and they trust their process. They did it before in 2020 when they moved on from Gurley, Goff, and Cooks. They did it in 2017 when McVay got there moving on from named productive players who actually had recently signed new deals. Each time was a success afterwards. So they trust that the same results will happen.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No I’m saying the Rams have a plan this is part of it.

Aw man…never change, my guy. Lol.

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

While also setting themselves up in 2024 to have a ton of cap space.

Everyone has cap space in 2024, lol. $50M, good for bottom 10 in the league. Go check how much Houston has next year.

41 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I don’t like the trade in it’s separate entity but if the plan is to get Ramsey money completely off the books and send him to where he wants to go to continue to help the Rams be a place players want to while helping 2024 offseason give the Rams a ton of cap space to really get put back on the map then it’s not a total waste. It’s taking one step back in order to take three steps forward. It’s the opposite of what the Saints are doing. Their bill will be due but they are still kicking the can down the road rather than going through one or even two seasons of a bit of retool then coming back big with great cap space and putting themselves back on the map.

You're tanking for Caleb Williams. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

No I’m saying the Texans have a plan this is part of it. Send Hopkins to a place he wants to go so the Texans organization can stay being viewed in a great way by players unlike let’s say the Ravens. While also setting themselves up in 2023 to have a ton of cap space. That’s why I said go listen to the Texans think-tank podcast.

I had no clue what the Texans were doing until I listened to the podcast and was like ok I understand. And the podcast Texans mouthpiece kept saying what the Texans are doing could blow up in their face but they already have the right guys and culture in place and they trust their process. They did it in the future when they moved on from Leshaun.

This. Great post.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

I understand this shouldn’t be taken at face value, but you’re not parlaying Ramsey’s 2023 and beyond impact into 3x it’s value with: 3rd round pick, 3rd-string TE, cap space.

This is taking an immediate 3 steps back to take a potential 2 steps forward in 2 years.

Well from the 11 personnel podcast Jourdan said the Rams know they will have to sacrifice defense for at least the 2023 season to go all in on getting back to being a top tier offense. Even Colin said that the Rams are going all in on offense. He first guessed the Rams trading Ramsey. Now nobody could guess they would get back a lesser package. But again the Rams understood they will have to sacrifice defense and that they will have to win shootouts at least in 2023 but they are going to spend this offseason to get their offense back to being great. Then in 2024 when their cap situation will be great they can start to reset and build their defense back up. So all I’m saying is the Rams have a plan.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Rams fans, I’m guessing Ramsey isn’t exactly endearing himself to you with how happy he is after all he had in LA?

he’s such a turd. 

I posted this a few pages back, but I don't see it that way. We clearly told him we were going to trade him - I suspect we asked what his preference would be, but he knew he wasnt in control...we could have sent him elsewhere.

I doubt he really wanted out at all...but once we told him he was going to be traded, I think Miami was his top choice. Hence how happy he is.

I thought we would get more, but the Ramsey experience at times has made me think CBs are overvalued...but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.

I think most Rams fans are getting caught up in the fact that we traded two firsts for him...but we got a Super Bowl win out of it so that doesn't bother me. I suspect a team out there would have given us a second, and I further suspect his value to NFL teams is less than what fans perceive it to be...doing right by a player who was as influential as he was on our success the last few years in exchange for giving up a round or so for that draft pick is a fine trade off for me.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Aw man…never change, my guy. Lol.

Everyone has cap space in 2024, lol. $50M, good for bottom 10 in the league. Go check how much Houston has next year.

I won’t lol. But seriously I’m by no mean loving losing Ramsey or loving the trade but I got a great understanding of what the Rams are trying to do this offseason with trading Ramsey and releasing Floyd and Wagner from listening to the 11 personnel podcast. So it’s more of a I trust Les/McVay process bc since they have been together the Rams have been a success. They give me no reason to question their overall track record. Yes they’ve made some individual bad moves but overall the big picture has been great. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I won’t lol. But seriously I’m by no mean loving losing Ramsey or loving the trade but I got a great understanding of what the Rams are trying to do this offseason with trading Ramsey and releasing Floyd and Wagner from listening to the 11 personnel podcast. So it’s more of a I trust Les/McVay process bc since they have been together the Rams have been a success. They give me no reason to question their overall track record. Yes they’ve made some individual bad moves but overall the big picture has been great. 

I don’t think it requires any deep thinking. They’re trying to clear their cap, and they’re likely throwing this season to do it. That’s not intricate, or inherently smart or inherently dumb. It’s just sports. 

Having faith in the FO to bounce back/re-build the team in 2024 (and beyond) is completely independent from recognizing that they’re tearing things down thus far in 2023. 

I think its a good deal for both teams. The Dolphins got a good player who we aren't sure if he's still a great player and the Rams got some cap room and a 3rd round pick. I think in this draft having a 3rd round pick is actually great. I don't think the talent between the back end of the first round is really that much better than what you'll find in the third. I also think Ramsey just wasn't going to bring in what others thought. His cap hit and his preference for Florida certainly limited what the Rams could do.