• Indianapolis
    • Seattle
    • Detroit
    • Las Vegas
    • Atlanta
    • Tennessee
    • Other
    • No One - Arizona

I strongly suspect the top 3 picks are going to be QB. There are so many teams right behind that pick, ahead of Indy who could want a QB, too.

Arizona is going to absolutely clean up with this pick. Probably almost identical to what Chicago got. 

My darkhorse pick: Detroit moves up to draft Anthony Richardson to sit behind Goff for a year or two. 

Edited by incognito_man

I’m going to say they stay Pat and take Will Anderson. 

Im just in the camp that defense needs a pass rusher theyve spent too many assets on off ball linebackers. 

Anderson to me is a legit top 5 pick in any draft. I’d have to be blown away to pass him up with that roster they have. 

Even though i don't want to move up i could see the Falcons going up for Anderson at DE.  He is a truly elite player at the Falcons biggest need and weakness for the last few years.  This would all be depending on how we did in FA and if we targeted good Edge rushers in FA or not.  If we got secondary and DT pieces in FA but didn't touch a edge rusher i could see it as a legit possibility.  If they don't think Anderson, Carter, or Wilson will fall to them.  But i feel we would be out bid by a team that wanted to come up for a QB and we might look at 6 or so instead if Anderson or Carter fell there.

None of this makes any sense unless PossibleCabbage's brilliant suggestion is correct:  Indianapolis is still going to trade up for #1 to get C.J. Stroud while Carolina takes the one man boi band, Anthony Richardson, at #4.

That leaves the Raiders, Falcons, and Titans vying for #3.  Atlanta fans assure us they plan to Dismantle with Desmond for a winning ticket in the Caleb-Maye Sweepstakes in 2024.  Solid plan.  Will Levis to the Raiders makes too much sense so it will likely be the Titans.  (Arizona has far too many needs to pass up a bounty of 1st and 2nd round picks.)

The question for me would be what would Indy give up for #2? Houston have a ton of needs and Ryans is a defensive coach from a team that built along the trenches first. They could get a 3rd and future 1st at least and still pick up Carter or Anderson. Similar setup to how Lynch and Shanahan started.

29 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

The question for me would be what would Indy give up for #2? Houston have a ton of needs and Ryans is a defensive coach from a team that built along the trenches first. They could get a 3rd and future 1st at least and still pick up Carter or Anderson. Similar setup to how Lynch and Shanahan started.

I'm assuming in this scenario that Houston stays at 2 and takes Young. Something about that just feels "right" to me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Arizona is going to absolutely clean up with this pick. Probably almost identical to what Chicago got. 

Highly doubt that. Nobody is gonna move that far up to garner that kind of haul. Arizona can ask, but none of the teams in question are a QB away. If you miss out on Stroud and Young, the “sure things” at QB are gone. You’re gambling big time after that. I like AR, but you don’t give up major assets for a “boom or bust” player like that, especially when the rest of your roster sucks.

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

You guys think someone trades up a massive haul for #3 overall without knowing for sure who’s going to be there?

The only team I think may not wait is Indy, simply because they can’t afford to.  

I think someone will move up to #3, and will give up a ton. But it won’t happen until #3 is on the clock