Signings or Re-Signings

soflbillsfan

39 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills are going to draft on the DL a lot earlier than people are expecting or want. 

It sucks that DL is a big need considering all of the draft capital and money Beane has spent, but that’s where we’re at. We need to have a quality DL to beat the elite quarterbacks in the AFC. I think the only long term answer on the DL is Groot.

15 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think if Beane thinks he won’t be able to resign him he should look to get something for him instead of letting him walk in FA like Edmunds did. It sounds like we’re going to get a comp pick next year for Edmunds though so that lessens the blow. Maybe let Oliver walk if they can’t get a 3rd rounder or better via trade if Beane thinks he can get another 3rd round comp pick in 2025?

Were in a competitive window now and if he breaks out, we can franchise him. From what I'm gathering a 3rd is a stretch. I've been seeing 4th or 5th.

Only way I'd be cool with trading Oliver is if DeAndre Hopkins salary was coming back in some way 

11 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Ed has become wildly underrated lol. 

They look at the sack totals and form an opinion without watching. If you look at TFL and QB pressures hes doing alright 

We're not better without him 

Edited by BillsGuy82

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

They look at the sack totals and form an opinion without watching. If you look at TFL and QB pressures hes doing alright 

We're not better without him 

Who’s saying we would be better without him? It’s all about the money. How much would it cost to franchise him? My guess would be about 18-20 million. I like Ed and I think he’s underrated, but he’s not worth paying elite DT money at this point and if Beane thinks that’s what he will get on the open market and he’s not willing to pay up wouldn’t it be smart to get something for him? Or maybe let him walk and hope to get a 3rd round comp pick? What’s your breaking point for his average annual salary?

56 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Who’s saying we would be better without him? It’s all about the money. How much would it cost to franchise him? My guess would be about 18-20 million. I like Ed and I think he’s underrated, but he’s not worth paying elite DT money at this point and if Beane thinks that’s what he will get on the open market and he’s not willing to pay up wouldn’t it be smart to get something for him? Or maybe let him walk and hope to get a 3rd round comp pick? What’s your breaking point for his average annual salary?

I get the logic but for one, I dont see him getting top DT money and we have a window to work with him, secondly our depth isnt strong enough. Unless it's a 2nd or hes used for a trade up in the draft it's a stupid move to open a hole in a competitive window. If were a .500 team I'd lean to it 

We also cant assume Oliver relationship with McBeane is fractured. If he takes a step wed be able to resign him. 

Im hoping we going OT in round 1 if Broderick Jones, Darnell Wright or Anton Harrison are available

Upgrades RT from day 1 and puts Spencer Brown and Dion Dawkins on notice for 2024.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We also cant assume Oliver relationship with McBeane is fractured. If he takes a step wed be able to resign him. 

Im hoping we going OT in round 1 if Broderick Jones, Darnell Wright or Anton Harrison are available

Upgrades RT from day 1 and puts Spencer Brown and Dion Dawkins on notice for 2024.

If Oliver doesn’t get top tier money I would be up for bringing him back no problem. I have to assume that at this point Oliver is looking for elite DT money. Who knows if free agency will give him that, but I am against tagging him for a huge 1 year sum where we can’t move any money around. This is also a pretty solid DT tackle class imo.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I get the logic but for one, I dont see him getting top DT money and we have a window to work with him, secondly our depth isnt strong enough. Unless it's a 2nd or hes used for a trade up in the draft it's a stupid move to open a hole in a competitive window. If were a .500 team I'd lean to it 

Oliver just isnt explosive consistently and his agent will always use the fact he was a top 10 pick with flashes here and there, in return for a top tier contract at the position. He just isnt worth the money. Even if its a new hole the money they will get in return of 10.75 mil and a draft pick would be enough to fill it in the draft.  The way these guys showed up in the playoffs was pedestrian at best. They brought zero pressure to a qb who had 3 back up olineman in the game. Its time to put the funds towards helping the guy you paid 260 mil to, as this is an offensive driven league and have mcd figure out how to get the right defense together without continuing to break the bank and spend high draft picks on the dline. That 10.75 mil can go towards a weapon in FA/trade and the 1st rd pick can land them a top tier RT. Draft a LB and DT in the 2,3, and/or 4th rd while having your offense fully stacked with 2 new pieces on defense at DT and LB.

Edited by soflbillsfan

50 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Oliver just isnt explosive consistently and his agent will always use the fact he was a top 10 pick with flashes here and there, in return for a top tier contract at the position. He just isnt worth the money. Even if its a new hole the money they will get in return of 10.75 mil and a draft pick would be enough to fill it in the draft.  The way these guys showed up in the playoffs was pedestrian at best. They brought zero pressure to a qb who had 3 back up olineman in the game. Its time to put the funds towards helping the guy you paid 260 mil to, as this is an offensive driven league and have mcd figure out how to get the right defense together without continuing to break the bank and spend high draft picks on the dline. That 10.75 mil can go towards a weapon in FA/trade and the 1st rd pick can land them a top tier RT. Draft a LB and DT in the 2,3, and/or 4th rd while having your offense fully stacked with 2 new pieces on defense at DT and LB.

I agree with this for the most part, but I think the value needs to be there first and foremost early on. If there isn't an offensive weapon or OL worth the pick at 27, but an edge rusher or defensive tackle falls and the value is there we should take that player. Also I don't think there will be a WR worth taking at 27, but I like the potential value in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Edited by Billsfaninptown

18 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I agree with this for the most part, but I think the value needs to be there first and foremost early on. If there isn't an offensive weapon or OL worth the pick at 27, but an edge rusher or defensive tackle falls and the value is there we should take that player. Also I don't think there will be a WR worth taking at 27, but I like the potential value in the 2nd or 3rd round.

if an edge or DT are there and the value is there and Beane takes it I will be pissed. I dont care about value at this point dline should NOT be the pick in anyway. The bills have whiffed 3 of the 4 times and if rousseau doesnt take another step this year it will be 4 for 4. Epenesa, Boogie, and Oliver for those being taken in the first 2 rounds to be subpar is disappointing. You do not triple down on a position that you cannot figure out especially when you went out and paid von miller all that money. You have to fix the oline and there are definitely oline options available at 27 whether it is Tackle, Guard, or even Center. Heck I would even say Bijan is a better choice then dlineman and I am against going RB in the 1st after the harris singning. I can accept LB but in no way should a DB or Dlineman be the pick at 27 as this will not move any needle to being a better team that can beat out KC or Cincy in 2024. They need to protect allen and they need to give him weapons that can consistently catch the ball. 

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

if an edge or DT are there and the value is there and Beane takes it I will be pissed. I dont care about value at this point dline should NOT be the pick in anyway. The bills have whiffed 3 of the 4 times and if rousseau doesnt take another step this year it will be 4 for 4. Epenesa, Boogie, and Oliver for those being taken in the first 2 rounds to be subpar is disappointing. You do not triple down on a position that you cannot figure out especially when you went out and paid von miller all that money. You have to fix the oline and there are definitely oline options available at 27 whether it is Tackle, Guard, or even Center. Heck I would even say Bijan is a better choice then dlineman and I am against going RB in the 1st after the harris singning. I can accept LB but in no way should a DB or Dlineman be the pick at 27 as this will not move any needle to being a better team that can beat out KC or Cincy in 2024. They need to protect allen and they need to give him weapons that can consistently catch the ball. 

It sucks that they haven't been able to get the DL right with all the investments they've put made, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't draft an edge rusher or DT. So you want them to ignore DL even though they need to improve the unit still? That makes zero sense. We aren't beating the Bengals or Chiefs without at least a decent DL. You should brace yourself to be disappointed based off of Beane's track record of taking the highest player on their board.

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why'd you decide not to pursue Hopkins?

Could be salary, could be compensation or could be both. Maybe Beane could restructure to fit him in?

I was hoping to fill WR2 with a vet but looking like we might address it at the draft