The STL Cardinals Thread - Is It The Offseason Yet?

CWood21

Well I'm excited. There was a time in young MOSteelers' life that I would have been livid about the DH coming to the NL, but today is not that time. I want to see our young guys get out there and mash. I think our offense is going to be potent. I wonder who we'll be looking at to shore up the pitching staff?

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Relief arms.  That's probably all we're going to see the rest of this offseason.

That would be really disappointing but not surprising. It’s a good team but not a WS team and in Yadi and Wainos final seasons, they should be doing everything they can to improve the team. 

I’m assuming this would be the lineup and rotation or close to it. Is Hudson ready? What are they doing with Reyes? Ovi starting in AAA?

2B - Edman

1B - Goldy

3B - Arenado

LF - O’Neill

RF - Carlson

C - Yadi

DH - Nootbar?

SS - DeJong

1.) Flaherty

2.) Metz

3.) Waino

4.) Mikolas

5.) Hudson

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

You guys think we actually have interest in signing Trevor Story? 

There was a report today from Univision that Guardians, Yankees and Cardinals are continue to monitor Story, with the Cardinals having more interest of those mentioned. 

Mo was on SiriusXM though recently and said he doesn't see us going external at SS with what we already have on roster.

So basically, who the hell knows. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m assuming this would be the lineup and rotation or close to it. Is Hudson ready? What are they doing with Reyes? Ovi starting in AAA?

shutting him down to start ST. Katie Woo just reported Reyes is experiencing shoulder issue...

Edited by kgarrett12486

23 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

You guys think we actually have interest in signing Trevor Story? 

I think we are VERY interested . . . on a one year deal

That would be the perfect situation for the Cardinals. Even at a high dollar, only committing one year we can do pretty much anything. It would do multiple things for us; see if Story can hit away from Coors, see up close and personal if his defense is likely to hold up for 4 more years, would let DeJong concentrate on hitting (we know his defense will always be painfully average) and in addition to DeJongs future will also give us another year to see if Edman/Sosa/Gorman situation shakes out alittle more