The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Mo was on the radio today and I'll highlight a couple of his comments:

- Said they expect Flaherty to pitch again this season. Says he will be going for another rehab assignment in next few weeks. 

-Said he doesn't envision Walker playing in MLB this year (even September call-up)

-Said athletically, Jordan Walker projects as a CF and they have confidence he could play that position. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Say what? That makes me feel all of sorts of things. 

I always felt like he was short changed as an athlete, but I'm not sure I want him in CF.  Assuming the instincts are there, RF seems like a natural fit.

I was Listening to Kyle Reis (who’s a great follow on twitter) a few weeks ago and he kinda said the same thing on Walker. Said the position he projects best at is CF and was hoping he’d get some games there. 

And his athleticism is definitely an underrated part of his game. I was Surprised when I saw he’s on pace for 20 SBs this season. 

39 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Mo was on the radio today and I'll highlight a couple of his comments:

- Said they expect Flaherty to pitch again this season. Says he will be going for another rehab assignment in next few weeks. 

-Said he doesn't envision Walker playing in MLB this year (even September call-up)

-Said athletically, Jordan Walker projects as a CF and they have confidence he could play that position. 

I heard that interview, too.

I'll believe the Flaherty thing when I see it.  If he can get healthy, I'd obviously love to have him back.  But I'm skeptical.

I feel kinda similar about Walker in CF.  Maybe he can play there, I don't know.  But I'd guess a corner OF would be more likely.  

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?