The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

4 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

I feel kinda similar about Walker in CF.  Maybe he can play there, I don't know.  But I'd guess a corner OF would be more likely.  

Athletically, he kinda gives me Jason Heyward vibes.  I think everyone just assumed he'd pack on mass as he got older/bigger.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Athletically, he kinda gives me Jason Heyward vibes.  I think everyone just assumed he'd pack on mass as he got older/bigger.

I've definitely heard positive reviews of his overall athleticism.  But I'd be surprised to see someone who's always been a 3B be able to supplant a good CF like Carlson.  We'll see.  But even if it doesn't happen, the fact that they like his athleticism enough to even consider that makes me feel good about his chances of playing OF in general well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He was being sarcastic. There was never a real threat of him opting out, contrary to what a particular poster (not you) on this site throws out there. 

I mean, until he declines to opt out there will always be the threat of him opting out.

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm willing to go out on that limb and say there is 0% chance of it. 

I wouldn't go that far.  If they miss out on the playoffs, I think there'd be a very real possibility that he'd opt out.  And the Dodgers have a massive hole at 3B and a willingness to spend.  Not to mention, he was born in California.

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't go that far.  If they miss out on the playoffs, I think there'd be a very real possibility that he'd opt out.  And the Dodgers have a massive hole at 3B and a willingness to spend.  Not to mention, he was born in California.

We're not gonna miss the playoffs, are schedule is so light. Dodgers would be the only threat of him opting out, since he is a SoCal kid, but they gotta focus on re-signing Trea Turner and I know they like their 3B prospect -Vargas.

That's on top of him not getting the same term/value on a new deal if he did opt out (not because he's not performing to that level, but because he's gonna be 32). Just don' see it at all. 

Edited by kgarrett12486

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?