The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

So light has now been shed on this. Apparently Yadi owns a basketball team in Puerto Rico and took the weekend to go down and watch them play a championship game and celebrate with them.

he's back now though. 

That was out there as the assumed reason as soon as he was put on the restricted list

This is BS to me, Yadi has more than one foot out at this point, and its going to cost this team somewhere this season. He's real lucky Albert is mashing, or else he would be getting alot more heat for this. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

That was out there as the assumed reason as soon as he was put on the restricted list

This is BS to me, Yadi has more than one foot out at this point, and its going to cost this team somewhere this season. He's real lucky Albert is mashing, or else he would be getting alot more heat for this. 

Definitely not ideal, especially since he had already missed a large chunk of season earlier for personal reasons. However, I have no concerns he'll be locked in here come final week or two of season and playoffs, which is when I really need him.

Agreed though, I'd be somewhat miffed if I was his teammates. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Definitely not ideal, especially since he had already missed a large chunk of season earlier for personal reasons. However, I have no concerns he'll be locked in here come final week or two of season and playoffs, which is when I really need him.

Agreed though, I'd be somewhat miffed if I was his teammates. 

Same here.  It could become somewhat moot if he plays & leads well down the stretch.  But I can't imagine that was a popular move in the clubhouse.  And it's odd too for a guy who's been all about winning and about the team for his whole career.

I mean I didn’t want to comment on it but what Yadi just did is bull****. We’re in the middle of division race and a playoff push and you take the weekend off to go home for your basketball team? Like what in the actual ****? You’re supposed to be a leader and you pull this stunt? It is what it is but come the hell on.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I didn’t want to comment on it but what Yadi just did is bull****. We’re in the middle of division race and a playoff push and you take the weekend off to go home for your basketball team? Like what in the actual ****? You’re supposed to be a leader and you pull this stunt? It is what it is but come the hell on.

Yeah I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that his body is just too old to be catching on a regular basis, but you would think that would be something he could tell Oli and they could work out without him having to just take off. Seems a little odd for sure. 

11 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I thought Pujols was absolutely cooked early on. It's remarkable the turnaround he has had. 

That charity HR Derby appearance might be the biggest blessing ever, I can already see all the other fan bases bitching about it as he is an asset into the post season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Only 4 SP's ever have given up 1 run in their first 4 games with a new team since 1905. Jordan Montgomery is one of those 4. 

Really liked the talent we were getting in this deal, especially with him moving away from the AL East, but never could have expected this. 

And the bonus of another year of control with him, as well as moving off of Bader are very nice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Really liked the talent we were getting in this deal, especially with him moving away from the AL East, but never could have expected this. 

And the bonus of another year of control with him, as well as moving off of Bader are very nice

Agreed 100%. I know there are Mo haters on this site that will never give him credit/praise for the highs, but only want to point out fails and decisions they disagree with, but I think the argument is there that we may have had the best trade deadline acquisitions of any team in baseball.

He got exactly what this team needed. 

• Like 3

I can't stop with the advanced stats lately lol. They are just remarkable...

- Pujols' HR last night was the second highest pitch hit out in 2022. Meaning the pitch was over was over 4.6 ft. high and he still crushed it. 

-Pujols has an OPS+ over 150 (50% better than league average) on the entire season. Last time it was that high was 2010.

- Pujols has a higher slugging % in his last 10 games than any other 10 game stretch of his entire career.

Edited by kgarrett12486
  • Like 1

Days like today, are the games that I question weather Waino has another year left in him. 

Every at bat feels like a struggle, even though he isnt bad, but its also against the Cubs.

He is also the type of guy who wouldnt go at it again unless he had a full season in him

(Gorman has to deliver in one of those situations)

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?