The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Interesting take by Dave Cameron.  I still think Toronto is still too stubborn to move on from Josh Donaldson, even though they should.  And I don't think the Cardinals are going to pony up for Machado.  He's going to sign some mega-deal next offseason, and it won't be with St. Louis.

21 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Blah signing but it’s expected.

Assuming he bounces back, he's your set-up guy.  Still need a closer.  There was someone reporting that they were getting close to a deal with Addison Reed, but that doesn't seem likely to happen until after Greg Holland and Wade Davis sign.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Really, really like this signing.  He got hit for a LOT of home runs this year, probably won't happen as badly as it did this past season.

Really like the signing as well. He could pitch the 7th or 8th. He's been one of the best set-up men in baseball last few years. He had a down year last season, but RPs are up/down all the time. I think he's a great bounce back candidate moving out of that bandbox...

Fully expect us to add another arm as well...

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Fully expect us to add another arm as well...

We're definitely an arm short.  Need a late-inning reliever to add to the mix.  Right now, we're looking like this:

CL ???
SU Luke Gregerson
RP John Brebbia
RP Matt Bowman
RP Sam Tuivailala
RP Brett Cecil (L)
RP Tyler Lyons (L)

10 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So lets say for the fun of it....we trade for Ozuna and sign Addison Reed to wrap up the offseason. Would you be satisfied?

I would be, especially after how hard we pursued Stanton only to have him nix the deal that was in place...

-MOTO type bat (Ozuna): check

- Multiple late inning arms (Reed + Gregerson): Check

-A rotation arm (Mikolas): Check

That would be everything on the list the FO preached about adding. However, I don't think we'd be done making moves. I'd still see some more minor moves to be made...

41 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Speculation out of NY that Yankees might be looking to flip Clint Frazier now (w/ the addition of Stanton) for a MLB SP or near MLB ready SP...

Hmmm...

Holy Crap, you guys might need to restrain me if we could pull that off. Dont think we will, but man he is a stud in the making.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

We're definitely an arm short.  Need a late-inning reliever to add to the mix.  Right now, we're looking like this:

CL ???
SU Luke Gregerson
RP John Brebbia
RP Matt Bowman
RP Sam Tuivailala
RP Brett Cecil (L)
RP Tyler Lyons (L)

I am expecting us to add Colome and probably Ziegler (as part of a Marlins package) to that list.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?