The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont think we want to be giving up a Draft Pick (on top of the money) for a guy we dont know is a shut down closer.

I don't like it either, which is why I prefer the better option (Colome). Just stating if we can't land Colome, I expect Holland r Davis to be pursued, given our rumored interest...

Sounds like our interest in bringing back Nicasio as the closer has sailed...

DGoold had a live chat from the Winter meetings today and had an interesting response to a question asked about the Rays/Cards working on the Colome deal. He said that he heard that Cards Rays were talking about a mega package of Colome, Longoria and possibly Odorizzi. However, this was before the Mikolas signing. Still thinks Longoria and Colome would be a package deal...

23 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

DGoold had a live chat from the Winter meetings today and had an interesting response to a question asked about the Rays/Cards working on the Colome deal. He said that he heard that Cards Rays were talking about a mega package of Colome, Longoria and possibly Odorizzi. However, this was before the Mikolas signing. Still thinks Longoria and Colome would be a package deal...

I like Odorizzi because I know he's from the STL area (Highland, IL).  I don't know much about him as a pitcher.  Good enough to be giving up prospects for?

2 hours ago, tttmikeb said:

I like Odorizzi because I know he's from the STL area (Highland, IL).  I don't know much about him as a pitcher.  Good enough to be giving up prospects for?

He's coming off a down year, but has a good track record and is in his prime. He's controllable for 2 more seasons as well. He'd be an excellent MOTR arm...

Sounds like we're done though w/ SP's currently though...

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He's coming off a down year, but has a good track record and is in his prime. He's controllable for 2 more seasons as well. He'd be an excellent MOTR arm...

Sounds like we're done though w/ SP's currently though...

If Odorizzi would actually be part of a deal with TB (I would imagine we wouldnt pass on that chance) I could see us just swapping out Wacha for him, especially if the rumored interest in him is legitimate.

15 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Ya know, this baseball forum sucks now. Might be leaving soon. 

It is a bit circle jerky. I tend to just stay here in good ol' Cardinals land. I hope you reconsider leaving. I like having such intelligent posters in here. 

Edited by MOSteelers56

21 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So lets say for the fun of it....we trade for Ozuna and sign Addison Reed to wrap up the offseason. Would you be satisfied?

Satisfied?  No.  I'd be content, but it's still a bit short of what needs to happen.  LIS, we need two bats this offseason if we want to be a good offense IMO.

I really hope we can somehow get Colome and Archer. I wouldn't mind to give up some decent prospects for it either. We're crazy to think our rotation is set and can be a strength with the current makeup. A 1-2 punch of Archer and Martinez would remedy this. Giving up Kelly and Flaherty plus O'Neil/Bader/Mags would be fine. I'm not sure that would be enough, though.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?