The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Hearing two of thee: Flaherty, Hudson or Alcantara + 1OF

I'm guessing (or at least hoping) the OF is Grichuk.  Hurts to lose 2 good pitching prospects (assuming what you're hearing is right), but you gotta give something to get something.

13 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

I'm guessing (or at least hoping) the OF is Grichuk.  Hurts to lose 2 good pitching prospects (assuming what you're hearing is right), but you gotta give something to get something.

And we are fairly deep with pitchers. If we lose Flaherty, I hope we go big after Archer. 

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

Sounds like that may be the more. DGoold just said Ozuna trade is 1st of several moves to come. States we're still actively involved w/ Rays...

I think that Colome is the start of a deal. The question becomes what else can we/do we want to add to it. 

Which I think also hinges on what the Blue Jays are thinking right now. We would clearly want Donaldson more than anyone else, but if they are going to hang onto him, I could see us going the Longoria route to complete a Colome deal.

And of course, there is always Chris Archer.....

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I not sold on bringing in Longo. He seems like at best a lateral move from Gyorko. 

Really depends on if it was 2016 or 2017 Longoria. He's a better defender too, much better range. Allows you to use Gyorko as trade piece or super sub...

I'm not crazy about it, but I'm warming up to it now that we have Ozuna in place

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?