The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Even if he hasn't figured it out, it's a situation where the Braves bought low and are getting tremendous return on their investment.  Even if he rolls back towards his career averages, they still made out ahead.  And my line of thought with Grichuk is that if he's garnering real interest, it's in the same mold.  Teams view it was a buy-low candidate.

No doubt they did, it was a great move for them. However, Matt Adams had a 4 year period to separate himself and really take hold and run with 1B. He failed to do so on multiple opportunities and continued to struggle in the same aspects over and over...

I know the trade piece we got sucked and I think we could have gotten more, but I really can't fault the FO for moving on. At some point you have to. You can't continue a pattern with a player who isn't progressing and hold onto him for 6 years because in the back of your mind you think he might just figure it out someday, not knowing when that day will come...

I think we're just starting to come into that period with Grichuk. Plus, with the influx of OF's we have that are MLB ready, it's only going to be harder to justify him over others...

8 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

mlb.com came out with their new top 100...we have 4 players that made the list. 

#17 - Alex Reyes RHP

#36 - Carson Kelly C 

#53 - Jack Flaherty RHP

#65 - Luke Weaver RHP

Definitely thought Sierra would have made the list after what he's shown at the MLB level...

11 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Top 30...

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017/?list=stl

Interesting that Adolis Garcia didn't make the list. 

I think they got the top 10 right (I would have them in different order though)...

Agree, Garcia not even being in the top 30 is a miss on their part IMO. He's right outside the top ten for me, especially over a guy like Edmundo Sosa, who's fading IMO...

I'd have Jordan Hicks and Jonathan Machado  higher as well...

Edited by kgarrett12486

7 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think they got the top 10 right (I would have them in different order though)...

Agree, Garcia not even being in the top 30 is a miss on their part IMO. He's right outside the top ten for me, especially over a guy like Edmundo Sosa, who's fading IMO...

I'd have Jordan Hicks and Jonathan Machado  higher as well...

I agree 

I will be attending my first game at Busch on the 11th of August against my Braves. My sister lives in St Louis now so she invited me down for the game.

I've heard great things about Busch, I'm very excited. 

3 hours ago, coors said:

I will be attending my first game at Busch on the 11th of August against my Braves. My sister lives in St Louis now so she invited me down for the game.

I've heard great things about Busch, I'm very excited. 

Nice! Make sure to check out ball park village before or after the game...

I gotta say I hope it's not typical St. Louis weather that day. Mid August is terrible here. Hot and humid as hell...

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?