The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Well, I don't want to hit the panic button yet, but Mikolas is being monitored with shoulder irritation...

Just saying it's precautionary at this point, but given our luck with SP injuries we know how these things trend...

Pencil him in for another lost season. Such is life lol

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Well, I don't want to hit the panic button yet, but Mikolas is being monitored with shoulder irritation...

Just saying it's precautionary at this point, but given our luck with SP injuries we know how these things trend...

Time to stop messing around and Sign Odorizzi

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Can officially put that rumored interest to bed, as he signed 2 year deal with 3rd year player option with Astros today...

If we lost out on him because of a few mil per year or that we wouldn’t give him the player option, I’m gonna be pissed

On 3/15/2021 at 5:54 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

Tyler O’Neil is having a great Spring. Hopefully he can carry that to the regular season. 

He and Edman have been the bright spots. Hopefully they can keep it rolling into the regular season, and our studs (Goldschmidt/Arenado) and old reliables (DeJong/Molina) can flip the switch. That would be one very nice offense

If O'Neill can continue this kind of hitting into the season, personally, I'd like to see our line-up eventually looking like this in- season:

1. Edman 2. Goldy 3. Arenado 4. O'Neill 5. Carlson 6. DeJong 7. Molina 8. SP spot 9. Bader

-New school thought of having Goldy and Arenado get as many AB's as possible. Schildt subscribed to this last year and had Goldy in the 2 hole several times. 

-O'Neill has the thump to be a clean-up hitter. 

-Putting Carlson between O'Neill and DeJong (both of whom are high strikeout rate guys) gives us a switch hitter to break-up the RH hitters and a contact guy between them. 

_Like the idea of Bader as that 2nd leadoff guy at bottom of line-up, but probably not as feasible now that DH isn't instituted this year...

I can’t remember where I saw It but someone had suggested Carlson in the 3-hole and honestly the more I think About it, the more I’m a fan of it. 

1. Tommy Edman 2B
2. Paul Goldschmidt 1B 
3. Dylan Carlson RF
4. Nolan Arenado 3B
5. Tyler O’Neil  LF
6. Paul DeJong SS
7. Yadier Molina C
8. Harrison Bader CF 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?