The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

The rankings follow the guidelines laid out by the new Collective Bargaining Agreement in terms of who falls under the international pool money rules: Players who are at least 23 years old and played in leagues deemed to be professional (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Cuba) are not eligible

Ok, that's why we don't see Adolis Garcia on the list. over at mlb.com

13 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

He's been compared to Randall Grichuk many times (who's pitch rec. is atrocious), not on here per se. 

That's insane.  Could he work on his pitch recognition?  Absolutely, but he's nowhere near Grichuk in that sense.

3 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So apparently Lynn gives us a pick after the 2nd round, not after the 1st round. Gives the front office more reasons to move him. 

Means we're likely picking in that 65-80 range to give us a ballpark.  To give you an idea, the 68th pick was the first compensatory pick that was awarded and that was worth $880,100 to put towards the bonus pool.

6 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Ken Rosenthal just had a string of tweets about the Cardinals. I didn't want to link them all. Also, I'm not exactly sure how.

Just C&P the URL, and let the forum do the rest of the work.  There's a thread in the feedback forum where you can test features.  Try them out there.  IF anyone has questions about forum features, feel free to PM me.

3 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

i got ya man

That quote about the Cardinals being less incentivized to offer Lynn the QO makes little to no sense unless they're worried he's going to accept the QO.  Teams no longer lose their 1st round pick and the bonus pool associated with it, so it in theory should allow teams more flexibility to go after those FA with draft picks tied to them.  Not to mention, the Cardinals aren't hurting in terms of salary and I believe the new TV contract kicks in this year.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just C&P the URL, and let the forum do the rest of the work.  There's a thread in the feedback forum where you can test features.  Try them out there.  IF anyone has questions about forum features, feel free to PM me.

I do have a question about spacing.... how come when you don't finish a line of text and press enter to go to next line, it double spaces. 

For instance....

Space in between. Anyway to remove that or anyway around it? I'm on my phone so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?