The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - The A’s and Cardinals continued discussions about Cardinals outfielder Stephen Piscotty on Wednesday, with multiple sources suggesting a trade might be concluded before the end of the winter meetings.

St. Louis is looking for prospects off Oakland’s 40-man roster and while the A’s will not discuss any of their top young players, one name that has been discussed, according to one industry source, is infielder Yairo Munoz.

28 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I not sold on bringing in Longo. He seems like at best a lateral move from Gyorko. 

I really dont understand the hesitance with Longoria? It cant be the money, because everyone was ready to jump on 7 extra years of an albatross that could have been the Stanton deal... Longo's deal is better than decent for the next 2, and sure its high for years 3 & 4, but not outrageous. We could swallow those two potentially subpar years to get 2 good years out of him (we are giving it to Yadi right now) especially if taking that money of of Tampa's payroll helps in the return on the trade.

Just now, holt_bruce81 said:

I think they've been trying since June to get Piscotty close to the Bay area to get him Closer to his Mom, who if you don't know by now, is dealing with ALS. I honestly don't think this trade has anything to do with how the Cardinals feel about Piscotty the player. 

Very true, fact still remains that Grichuk is a bum and needs to be traded.

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If any OF needs to be traded, it’s that bum Grichuk.

Really, bum? He hasnt even hit Arbitration yet. Sure he is frustrating, but he isnt a Bum.

And the Piscotty deal is way beyond getting a great return on him, its about doing what is best for the player. Which most organizations wouldnt do. Im just surprised we are looking at guys on their 40-man

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?