The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Somehow we're still right in the thick of the playoff race for the last WC spot. We're only 2.5 games out with 11 to go. COL has been horrible and MIL is only 1 game in front of us... 

Its probably going to come down to that final weekend series.

After what has seemed to be a complete mess of a season, the MLB may luck out once again with another exciting postseason and the mad dash to October.

53 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Well, with the off-season all but officially upon us now and us missing the playoffs for 2 straight years, I think changes are is store and potentially a roster overhaul...

Anyone want to throw out their thoughts/ideas as to what they'd like to see?

It all starts with Matheny losing his job, which will never happen. I think we stay stagnant over the offseason. 

41 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

It all starts with Matheny losing his job, which will never happen. I think we stay stagnant over the offseason. 

I dont disagree with you on Matheny needing to lose his job, but I think you are way off base about the plan for the off season. 

Mo has been hinting for awhile now that we would be making moves before next year. Now, im sure they wont end up being the moves we all want, probably not nearly drastic enough, but there will be a shake up to this roster.

35 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont disagree with you on Matheny needing to lose his job, but I think you are way off base about the plan for the off season. 

Mo has been hinting for awhile now that we would be making moves before next year. Now, im sure they wont end up being the moves we all want, probably not nearly drastic enough, but there will be a shake up to this roster.

I feel like we've been on the precipice of making major moves for a while and we have always struck out(sorry).  I hope this offseason is different but I will be tempering my expectations until I actually see it happen.

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I feel like we've been on the precipice of making major moves for a while and we have always struck out(sorry).  I hope this offseason is different but I will be tempering my expectations until I actually see it happen.

Hey, Watch it with the puns around here. Its like stealing signs, we all do it, its just frowned upon.

But I dont blame you about being skeptical. So am I. But I think when we have been missing out on guys, it was usually Free Agents who have been lured elsewhere (those reasons why can be argued). But I think this offseason the restructure of the roster will be mostly fueled by trade.

Martinez, Reyes, Yadi and possibly Weaver should be the only ones who arent available.

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I mean it seriously looked like we couldn't care any less last night. Like they just want the off-season to get here 

Its amazing that your season is basically on the line and you can come out and play like that. Another sign to me that we dont have a good manager, or any real leadership in the clubhouse.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its amazing that your season is basically on the line and you can come out and play like that. Another sign to me that we dont have a good manager, or any real leadership in the clubhouse.

I mean I don't know if you watched, but did you see the bench? Nobody was even talking to each other...almost like they didn't even want to be there. It was embarrassing. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?