The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It was needed. Gorman wasn't hitting at all and Yepez deserves a chance. Hit hit well for periods here this season before the injury pushed him out. 

Yepez looked horrible for a while before the injury. He looked completely lost at the plate. I guess I'm fine with giving him another chance but it should be a short leash. 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

Yepez looked horrible for a while before the injury. He looked completely lost at the plate. I guess I'm fine with giving him another chance but it should be a short leash. 

I mean Gorman has gone through similar phases of being lost at the plate and he's done nothing over the last month. I'm ok giving him those AB's.

This offense has hit a wall at the absolute worst time. How do you go from putting up big numbers to struggling to even score 1 run? We’ve scored 1 run in the past 3 games and that was due to the extra inning base runner. That’s horrible. Seems like everybody except Albert is slumping or has been in a slump for a while like Goldy. Good thing the Brewers suck.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

Quintana v Heaney

Montgomery v Kershaw

Wainwright v Anderson

Man, we are not looking good in any of these matchups...

Weve gotta steal one of these, and hope the Reds can sneak one from the Brewers this weekend too. That would mean if we take one of the games against the Brewers then we would clinch. 

Right now Im hoping the pitching holds up through this series, and then we use the Brewers and Pirates as the warmup for the offense going into the post season. Assuming their rotation holds, we would see Woodruff, but miss Burnes in Milwaukee.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?