The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Honestly surprised it isn’t Mikolas in game 1.

Little surprising, but factoring in the Quintana has been our best pitcher and one of the best pitchers in NL since the trade deadline, it makes sense.

I think this stat is a big reason why - in 5 starts at Busch stadium this season, Quintana has given up 1 HR.

11 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Little surprising, but factoring in the Quintana has been our best pitcher and one of the best pitchers in NL since the trade deadline, it makes sense.

Speaking of Quintana, I have to assume both parties will be interested in signing a long-term deal.  Probably a 3 year deal.  Not sure where the AAV would fall.

Hours later and I'm still sick over that loss. That was a killer in a short series.

Oli going through his bullpen so early was bad, but leaving Helsley, who was known to be injured, in for as long as he did is unacceptable. Arod was literally saying during his first walk that he lost the strike zone. Oli let him in for another walk after that one and then a hit batter. 

Then he brings in Pallante to get the ground ball, which he gets, but has the infield in. Why? Not only could a bloop single go over Edman's head, but any ground ball to him would be going for the double play anyway, not home to leave the bases loaded with two outs. 

I've been critical of Oli all year but I thought he was getting better later in the year. This one was horrible, and apparently he didn't take any responsibility for his mistakes afterwards which if true is just as bad. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?