The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Not sure if the Cardinals are actually considering it, but there has been 2 guys here in the St. Louis media pushing the idea that a 6-man rotation wouldn’t be a bad idea. 

Would love Odorizzi. 

I've heard that as well. Apparently, there are a handful of teams around the league that are looking into it due to last year and the effects it could have on guys throwing near normal innings this year...

I don't think it'll happen for us over a consistent period of the season, but we may see it implemented here/there during the grueling parts of the schedule. I do think we're going to see a lot of 'piggy back' starts with our BOR (4/5 starters) though, as Mikolas is coming off the injury and a lot of arms in Reyes, Woodfrord, Ponce, etc. that may need it.  

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Goold confirmed the Cardinals interest in Odorizzi. 

He makes too much sense. Cardinals have been interested in him for years, being the home area kid too...

Problem is, he's got a lot of teams showing interest. Angels, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Giants, Twins, Phillies and Mets have all been linked to him.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Fowler for just under $2M is pretty solid deal.  Disappointing that Fowler never lived up to his contract.

That's a real good buy low deal for the Angels with him going into a contract year. He had two years here where he was league average (2019) or above (2017).This solidifies a clear playing time path for the young guys O'Neill, Thomas, Bader and Carlson...

Probably frees up a little extra cash for the Molina deal, or to go get another SP...

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

BRING ME OZUNA!!! If I have to watch garbage known as Bader and O’Neill on a consistent basis, I might go insane.

You're insane if you think they're bringing back marcel Ozuna. This is coming from one of the people who was preaching for us to re-sign him at the time...

That experiment didn't pan out here and they've moved on. They're going with the young OF unless they can land a short-term economically friendly deal for a vet late into this process...

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

You're insane if you think they're bringing back marcel Ozuna. This is coming from one of the people who was preaching for us to re-sign him at the time...

That experiment didn't pan out here and they've moved on. They're going with the young OF unless they can land a short-term economically friendly deal for a vet late into this process...

Pretty much.  And Ozuna want a big, long-term deal.  The Cardinals aren't going to do that.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:52 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Ive convinced myself that Fowler will have a huge year as he is looking for a final new contract elsewhere for 2021

Hahaha wow of course. I’m still convinced of it, and while I get the move, I still don’t get it at the same time

22 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I think the 40-man is at 37 players right now. And that’s with Molina signing and Hudson being put on the 60-Day IL. Both moves were all expecting the team to make. 

SP and a bench bat and call it an offseason? 

@kgarrett12486 The more I think about the potential of a 6-man rotation, the more I like It. 

I think that's the focus. A middle to BOR starter and a left handed bench/platoon bat...

I'm down for trying the 6 man, but don't think we will. They're gonna wanna get the most starts out of Flaherty and Waino they can...

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?