The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

It's him hitting #2 that I have a problem with. I suppose I don't mind an occasional start, but he needs to be hitting 7 or 8.  

An occasional start is whatever but yes batting him that high is ridiculous. Nogowski should be starting at 1B over someone who is 0 for 8 with 3 strikeouts so far. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

An occasional start is whatever but yes batting him that high is ridiculous. Nogowski should be starting at 1B over someone who is 0 for 8 with 3 strikeouts so far. 

Definitely agree. Nogowski needs to be the first man up for 1B, and maybe one of the first for a COF backup spot. Carp needs only the occasional start at 2B. I forgot Nogowski was on the team. 

8 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not really. Burned is a strikeout machine. Look at his K per 9 rate over the last year plus. He does that to everyone.

So is every pitcher they’ve faced so far a strikeout machine? 76 strikeouts through 7 games is horrible. Sure they’re winning for now and that’s great but that’s not something that they can maintain.

43 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So is every pitcher they’ve faced so far a strikeout machine? 76 strikeouts through 7 games is horrible. Sure they’re winning for now and that’s great but that’s not something that they can maintain.

Where did I say that? You specifically highlighted a tweet referencing the line-up getting K'd 6 times vs. Burnes. No where did you or the tweet reference the other games. 

That is exactly what I replied to, advising Burnes does this to everyone, so wouldn't be concerned with the K's from facing him.

Nice try to duck full circle it though.

@ttitansfan4life the strikeout clip as a team is definitely concerning, but we literally just finished the first week of the season. You got to give it some time to level out given the sample size.

Do we really expect Dylan Carlson to hit sub Mendoza line, but have 50 bombs? No, but that's the pace he's on through 7.

My point is, it's not time to sound an alarm on anything this early in the year. 

Juts enjoy being 5-2 and the fact that we've been able to win with this team not clicking on all cylinders thus far. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?