The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wonder if he'll make the next start in that spot in the rotation? They may give Ponce another chance, though. He looked pretty good in his first start. 

Hopefully Kim is back the next go around and Ponce gets sent down to the minors to stay stretched out. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know it's hard to come in with laser focus in a 10+ run game, but seeing Ponce come in and surrender runs at the end is pretty disheartening. 

He's got something going on with his arm. His velocity has been way down the last two outings and you could see him visibly shaking his arm out last night, to where the training staff came out to talk to him about it.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him land on the IL soon. 

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know it's hard to come in with laser focus in a 10+ run game, but seeing Ponce come in and surrender runs at the end is pretty disheartening. 

His Fastball has been below average this year and he can’t spot any of his other pitches. 

3 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I know it’s early and it’s easy to say this after a good game by him. But I’ve been impressed with Justin Williams so far. I like His swing and his pitch recognition seems more advanced than Tyler O’Neil’s. 

He looked WAY over his head for his first couple of games. It seems like he's gotten it figured out now, though. I love having a lefty bat too. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Everyone talking about Matt Carpenter's advanced metrics/hard contact rates and how unlucky he's been thus far.

They fail to mention that he is striking out at a 36% clip, which is ridiculous. 

I've seen all I need to see.

Same here. When O’Neil comes back, hopefully Carp gets sent to the bench. 

Also, anyone hear Jim Edmonds’ awful sense of humor talking about that little league kid? My god it might be about time to look for a new Analyst. I hear A bunch of people asking for Ankiel to do more games. 

I like Brad Thompson, but you’re not really going to get anything with him. He’s definitely a yes man, wearing Cardinal glasses 100% of the time. Which the Cardinals love. 

17 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Also, anyone hear Jim Edmonds’ awful sense of humor talking about that little league kid? My god it might be about time to look for a new Analyst. I hear A bunch of people asking for Ankiel to do more games. 

I like Brad Thompson, but you’re not really going to get anything with him. He’s definitely a yes man, wearing Cardinal glasses 100% of the time. Which the Cardinals love. 

Honestly, all of the color analysts suck. They really have no purpose IMO if you're more than a causal fan. I tend to tune out whoever it is (Horton, Edmonds, Thompson, etc.)

39 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Honestly, all of the color analysts suck. They really have no purpose IMO if you're more than a causal fan. I tend to tune out whoever it is (Horton, Edmonds, Thompson, etc.)

I know Mike Shannon sounds a little rough this year, at least he did during Spring Training. Haven’t listened to him during the regular season. But man the radio side is going to be so boring when they give Rick Horton a bigger role. 

Love me some Danny Mac though. I think He’s brought his A-game the last few years. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?