The STL Cardinals Thread - Is It The Offseason Yet?

CWood21

25 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Pujols has just been DFA'd. I didn't think that would happen. Didn't his contract have years of coaching or work for the team involved? I hope he catches on somewhere to continue his HR chase. 

Sad day.  I'm curious to see if someone else signs him.  Also interested to see exactly what this means for that "personal services" part of the contract.  I'm guessing this move eliminates that, but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tttmikeb said:

Sad day.  I'm curious to see if someone else signs him.  Also interested to see exactly what this means for that "personal services" part of the contract.  I'm guessing this move eliminates that, but I'm not sure.

Someone might bite on him late in the season to help with ticket sales.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I love watching Waino continuing to twirl gems. He's such a stud. I'd love to somehow win it all for him and Yadi. 

Agreed.  He's meant to much to this team for so long...been such a great leader.  I loved watching his reaction to Flaherty's home run the other day.  I mean, he's just so easy to root for.  But to be pitching as well as he is at this stage of his career is really amazing.

• Like 1