The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Are you guys ready to change this thred title yet? Im mean I wouldnt say were good or anything, but were atlesst Average at this point right?

I dont care if we get ran off their field in the play in game, but we need to get there for Arenado. If we do that, and then go get a reinforcement or two in the offseason, he's never going anywhere

• Like 2

This team is definitely playing a lot better the 2nd half of the season. Pitching has been really good, Team ERA is down a half a run per game from the 1st half of the season and The team has gone from allowing the most walks in the league in the 1st half to allowing the 6th least amount (2nd in the NL) in the second. 

Huge series coming up over the weekend. San Diego is struggling right now and we might be catching them at the perfect time. 

Also, some reinforcements could be on the way. Sounds like Dakota Hudson will make 1 more rehab appearance and then join the Cardinals BP. And Jack Flaherty will throw a BP Today (Thursday). I'm not really expecting anything from Flaherty, but Hudson could be a huge Bullpen piece down the stretch. And if Flaherty does come back as a Reliever, that Bullpen becomes pretty damn good going into (hopefully) the postseason. You'd give yourself the flexibility to where you don't need to rely on your Starters to go 5+ innings every time. Which is a good thing when your top 3 heading into the playoffs, are probably...and lets try not to throw up here.....Wainwright - Happ - Lester. Oh god that's so gross. 

I kind of want to see Kim get more opportunities versus lefties out of the Pen. I think that needs to be his role going forward. Don't be dumb and put Andrew Miller on the postseason roster. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

Cardinals Players in terms of Defensive Runs Saved:

Goldschmidt - 1st among all MLB players at 1B

Bader - 1st among all MLB players at CF

O'Neill - 1st among all MLB players at LF

Edman - 4th  among all MLB players at 2B

Arenado - 6th among all MLB players at position

Sosa - 2nd  among all MLB players at SS (in like half as many opportunities as the other SS)

27 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Cardinals Players in terms of Defensive Runs Saved:

Goldschmidt - 1st among all MLB players at 1B

Bader - 1st among all MLB players at CF

O'Neill - 1st among all MLB players at LF

Edman - 4th  among all MLB players at 2B

Arenado - 6th among all MLB players at position

Sosa - 2nd  among all MLB players at SS (in like half as many opportunities as the other SS)

This is why they kept sticking with them. Especially Bader. TON has shown his offensive potential many times, but having a very good OF Defense can be a huge plus over your defense, especially when your pitchers are getting hit

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?