The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

34 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Streak comes to an end, but man what a treat it was.

There are some really dumb people on Twitter. I mean do the starters not deserve a day off after celebrating the playoff game clinch late into the night? Some people just can't fathom that we would dare give them a rest after playing 18 games in 19 days...

Yep, I read Some of that BS too. Some people are just idiots. 

46 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Is Waino starting tonight? That would put him on 5 days rest for the WC game I believe. 

On the Danny mac show, it sounds like they're skipping him and giving him the full 8 days of rest before WC game. he did suggest they might let him throw 1-2 inning on Sunday, just to stay sharp.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

On the Danny mac show, it sounds like they're skipping him and giving him the full 8 days of rest before WC game. he did suggest they might let him throw 1-2 inning on Sunday, just to stay sharp.

Id imagine he has an extensive bullpen today

• Like 1

A win by the Giants or a loss by the Dodgers means we'd face the Dodgers in the Wild Card game.  I like our odds of winning 1 game against the Dodgers as opposed to multiple games.  We're going to have Adam Wainwright on the mound for that game.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:55 AM, kgarrett12486 said:

Streak comes to an end, but man what a treat it was.

There are some really dumb people on Twitter. I mean do the starters not deserve a day off after celebrating the playoff game clinch late into the night? Some people just can't fathom that we would dare give them a rest after playing 18 games in 19 days...

You just learn to tune them out after a while.  Majority of those are casual fans who only really wake up and read the scoreboard column in the newspaper.  The Cardinals could have already locked up the best record in baseball, and they'd be crying for everyone's head if they lost a game.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, CWood21 said:

A win by the Giants or a loss by the Dodgers means we'd face the Dodgers in the Wild Card game.  I like our odds of winning 1 game against the Dodgers as opposed to multiple games.  We're going to have Adam Wainwright on the mound for that game.

Time to continue rewrite history again, as Scherzer has never lost a WC game. 

• Like 2

The Dodger loosing Max Muncy is a huge boost to us. They just lost a legit MVP candidate and arguably their best hitter. Gonna be Cody Bellinger at 1B (who has actually been one of the WORST hitters in baseball this season).

it's like going from Goldy to Matt Carpenter at 1B. Let that sink in lol.

• Like 1

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?