The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

11 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Probably going to make a trip to STL for a game this year. Maybe even a weekend series. Definitely can’t miss seeing this trio one last time in the STL. I’ll see them in Washington and Philly like I do every year but home games are way different. 

No doubt. I've got tickets to April 13 and May 25th so far. I'll probably look for another couple games close to the end of the season too just for the farewell.

Really regretting my decision to sell my stake in season ticket package I had with family/buddies during the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Apparently we're flirting with using Jordan Hicks as the 5th starter (he would essentially be the opener and go 2-3 innings) to start the season.

I think that's the best option. We've got a lot of guys that have stretched out as starters but have very low innings limits. 

On 4/3/2022 at 11:04 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

What is everyones prediction for the season?

2nd in the division with 80 something wins. The division sucks outside of Milwaukee so they should be able to rack up wins there but with this rotation, they’re definitely not a team to be taken serious.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

On 4/3/2022 at 10:04 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

What is everyones prediction for the season?

I think as we're constructed now, I think we're exactly as we've been last few years. High 80's - low 90's win team. We'll be challenging for the division title with Brewers, who I have in same range of wins. 

We have questions with our SP, they have questions with their offense.

Difference this year to me is that I think while we're starting off seeing what the internal SP options can provide, I think this year will be different in terms of being willing to make a move to get a significant upgrade/piece if needed by the deadline. With it being Yadi/Waino/Pujols last run, I really believe the FO and DeWitt willing be willing to push more into the table to make that run this year.  

• Like 2

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?