The STL Cardinals Thread - Is It The Offseason Yet?

CWood21

35 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

There were like 8 teams scouting his last start. And Mo said the team's "open for business." 

Derrick Goold has speculated that the Royals, Rockies, and Astros would be interested in him.  We've already discussed that the Royals farm system leaves a LOT to be desired.  Not a chance the Rockies would move Brendan Rodgers for Lynn, and they're probably not moving Riley Pint for him either.  I'm not super familiar with the Rockies farm system outside of those two.  The Astros have a bevy of interesting prospects that would be great to add to the system.

On 7/22/2017 at 0:00 AM, CWood21 said:

Saw MLB.com had O'Neill ranked as our 4th best prospect, you guys agree or disagree?

My current updated top ten:

1] Anthony Reyes

2] Carson Kelly

3] Jack Flaherty

4] Luke Weaver

5] Delvin Perez

6] Tyler O'Neill

7] Mags Sierra

8] Harrison Bader

9] Dakota Hudson

10] Sandy Alcantara

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

My current updated top ten:

I'll put together an updated list after the deadline.  We will have another move or two coming IMO.  Also, it's Alex Reyes.  Not Anthony Reyes.  As for your list, I don't really see any real issues with it.

32 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Memphis just reached 30 games over .500 at 65-35 :o\

Stubby Clapp first year Manager of the team. 

That's a hell of a feat, especially given how many of the young guys and struggling vets + rehab assignments we've been shuttling back and forth...

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Derrick Goold has speculated that the Royals, Rockies, and Astros would be interested in him.  We've already discussed that the Royals farm system leaves a LOT to be desired.  Not a chance the Rockies would move Brendan Rodgers for Lynn, and they're probably not moving Riley Pint for him either.  I'm not super familiar with the Rockies farm system outside of those two.  The Astros have a bevy of interesting prospects that would be great to add to the system.

Do you think Lynn has more value than Jaime Garcia? because the rumors were the Braves were getting Nick Burdi back in their trade with the Twins until things fell through. I'd want more than that for Lynn. If Twins came calling, I'd probably ask for Alex Kirilloff or Tyler Jay. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

So, did my post count not carry over from the other forum? Looks like all your guys did...

Am I doing something wrong? Shows I only have 3...

That's weird, I just signed in. Didn't do anything out of the ordinary and my posts transferred over. 

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Do you think Lynn has more value than Jaime Garcia? because the rumors were the Braves were getting Nick Burdi back in their trade with the Twins until things fell through. I'd want more than that for Garcia. If Twins came calling, I'd probably ask for Alex Kirilloff or Tyler Jay. 

I hadn't heard Burdi in the Garcia trade, last I heard they were still in discussions but nothing concrete yet.  As for who has more value, I'd probably lean Lynn but I think Garcia offers more upside.  I'm not sure either one is overly valuable though.

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

So, did my post count not carry over from the other forum? Looks like all your guys did...

Am I doing something wrong? Shows I only have 3...

PM Webby and tell him your post count didn't carry over.  Might have gotten lost with the transition to the new forum.