The STL Cardinals Thread - Is It The Offseason Yet?

CWood21

4 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't love the idea, but I don't hate it. I feel like Edman is one of the many flash in the pan types. 

I mean I think he’s been one of the more consistent players since he’s been called up. Very good in the field and the bases. Plus who is the other option? Give the job back to a declining Carpenter?

17 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean I think he’s been one of the more consistent players since he’s been called up. Very good in the field and the bases. Plus who is the other option? Give the job back to a declining Carpenter?

That's why I don't hate it. I'm not sure theres anyone else that could do it. Edman just has a Bo Hart/Pete Kozma feel to me. I hope he stays consistent and improves like DeJong has. I am just weary of players like Edman. In an ideal world, we traded for Rendon last year and we've got an MVP level player at 3B lol.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That's why I don't hate it. I'm not sure theres anyone else that could do it. Edman just has a Bo Hart/Pete Kozma feel to me. I hope he stays consistent and improves like DeJong has. I am just weary of players like Edman. In an ideal world, we traded for Rendon last year and we've got an MVP level player at 3B lol.

Edman is a much better player than those guys. 

7 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

There not going away from Carpenter that quick. He'll be given every opportunity to be starter at 3B heading into ST. Edman will be in super utility role ala Jedd Gyorko...

I wish we could trade Carpenter and sign Rendon...

17 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

There not going away from Carpenter that quick. He'll be given every opportunity to be starter at 3B heading into ST. Edman will be in super utility role ala Jedd Gyorko...

I wish we could trade Carpenter and sign Rendon...

I mean they’ve already pretty much went away from Carpenter though... Edman plays pretty much everyday. Only way Carp plays is to give Edman a day off(rare), Edman plays the OF, or 2B for Wong. Rendon would certainly be nice but I’d much rather add to the rotation and bullpen. Any good pitchers available this FA?

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I mean they’ve already pretty much went away from Carpenter though... Edman plays pretty much everyday. Only way Carp plays is to give Edman a day off(rare), Edman plays the OF, or 2B for Wong. Rendon would certainly be nice but I’d much rather add to the rotation and bullpen. Any good pitchers available this FA?

They've gone away from  Carp since the injury, but that's more because he continued to not hit even after coming back. He's started to hit recently and has seen increased time even before the Wong injury...

Carp is going to play because of the contract. It's really that simple. It's same scenario as Fowler. They're going to hit reset in the offseason and Carp will be the everyday 3B next year barring an unforeseen trade...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont think you can say that at this point. And to honestly believe it would be kind of foolish. We can hope he is, but history says he may never reach this high again

Edman is your annual voodoo popup JAG that you get 2-3 years of solid production out of before he turns back into a pumpkin.  I'm so damn jealous that you guys have this happen so frequently.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Edman is your annual voodoo popup JAG that you get 2-3 years of solid production out of before he turns back into a pumpkin.  I'm so damn jealous that you guys have this happen so frequently.

I keep warning against this, but most Cards fans want to claim him as the next Carpenter/DeJong instead of the more likely Bo Hart/Pete Kozma

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I keep warning against this, but most Cards fans want to claim him as the next Carpenter/DeJong instead of the more likely Bo Hart/Pete Kozma

All 4 comparisons are dumb. Bo Hart and Pete Kozma had 1 month of productivity in their entire careers.....And there's nothing wrong with being optimistic about a player's future. 

• Like 2