The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

6 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Nope. Almost being no hit by not their top 3 was unexpected to say the least...

Not feeling good now. Offense is still too streaky...

I kind of like our chances to beat Scherzer and/or Strasburg. We can hit the hard stuff pretty well it seems. It's always the soft-tossers that give us grief. Hendricks with the Cubs is a good example. 

I said this at the beginning of the playoffs and I'll say it again. I'm still extremely happy with how this team performed this year. I really like the core and I think we can make some real progress over the offseason. We've got players that could be packaged to really improve. Plus, Carlson looks legit. I think if we can get a good starter, a piece or two in the pen, and maybe a hitter(all of which could probably already be on our roster) we can be a 100 win team. Helsley has impressed, Martinez hopefully gets back to the rotation, Dak and Jack improving, Carlson or O'Neil giving us punch. Not to mention the raw potential we have in the lower levels. 

13 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Fowler sucks. Have to find a way to get him off this team this offseason,

Not like he’s the only one not hitting lol...

Fowler isn’t moving IMO. We’re potentially looking at having to replace LF and possibly CF. I think confidence in the internal guys taking that next step and becoming everyday impact bats is fading. In particular guys like O’Neill and Bader...

I think you’re more likely to see O’Neill moved this offseason. Bader probably stays, but he’s a guy you have to have a platoon option as well...

Fowler is gonna be your 2020 RF or CF...

23 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Not like he’s the only one not hitting lol...

Fowler isn’t moving IMO. We’re potentially looking at having to replace LF and possibly CF. I think confidence in the internal guys taking that next step and becoming everyday impact bats is fading. In particular guys like O’Neill and Bader...

I think you’re more likely to see O’Neill moved this offseason. Bader probably stays, but he’s a guy you have to have a platoon option as well...

Fowler is gonna be your 2020 RF or CF...

That’s true but not everyone is batting lead off or has a ridiculous contract that they never deserved either. They need to spend on the outfield this offseason especially if they lose Ozuna.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?