The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

2 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

This trade hypothetical is getting me too excited lol. Probably a 5% chance it'll happen for us...

You and me both. Plugging Arenado into our lineup and subtracting some at bats from Carpenter would make this offense pretty salty. 

Plus that IF defense would be super legit.

Edited by MOSteelers56

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

But its not just what is NA worth, its also what other Packages we have to go up against. And right now, our farm system is in the bottom 3rd of the league

We still have two high end prospects inside the top 75 on most lists and we also have young MLB ready or proven guys. Especially SP and a potential elite defensive CF. A team like the Rockies (who have shown inability to develop these spots in recent) may actually covet these guys more than a further away prospect with a potential higher ceiling vs. floor...

However, yes if a team with a stacked farm system comes in offering their high end guys, I'm not sure it's going to matter what we offer, we probably wouldn't be able to beat it...

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Especially SP and a potential elite defensive CF.

Im not sure many of those guys are considered prospects in the farm system anymore (what I was referring to) and I think the Cardinals (and us as fans of theirs) have a MUCH higher opinion of Bader than the rest of the league does

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im not sure many of those guys are considered prospects in the farm system anymore (what I was referring to) and I think the Cardinals (and us as fans of theirs) have a MUCH higher opinion of Bader than the rest of the league does

Right, but that was my point. Just because we have a weaker farm system right now because we've graduated them doesn't mean we don't still have them as quality trade assets. They're just as valuable if not more so to some teams...

I think Bader holds value. Remember the Mets supposedly wanted Bader as the return piece on a potential deal for Zach Wheeler. I think teams realize his defensive value. They also saw in 2018 what kind of ceiling he could possess. He's a potential 20/20 guy if he figures it out. Teams usually think they can get the most out of a guy with a change of scenery and their tutelage...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think the Cardinals (and us as fans of theirs) have a MUCH higher opinion of Bader than the rest of the league does

Then the rest of the world HATES Bader because he gets crap constantly on here and everywhere else I read. Nobody sees any potential in him, and we should bench him for Randy A. 

12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m assuming resigning Ozuna and trading for Arenado isn’t happening with Mo leading the charge?

That wouldn't be a Mo issue. If Mo wanted to add both Ozuna and Arenado, you're taking about adding 30+ million to the payroll for just 2020. That's assuming we could get Colorado to take Carpenter or Fowler's deal in exchange...

Bill DeWitt has final say with those decisions...

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?