The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

19 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Matt Bowman claimed by the Reds

Not too broken up about this either. I think we'll have a glut of guys competing for the middle innings this offseason. Bowman should have been low on that list.

Also we lost Pena, I'm not sure anyone posted it. If Kelly isn't the backup this year, I'm going to be angry. He needs to get some actual playing time too. If he doesn't, I think we'll have wasted a really solid prospect. 

36 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

They knew what Knizer was becoming...

If they did or didnt know about Knizer, they should have moved Kelly. Its asset management. He was the highest rated Catching prospect in the minors (for most) and his value was never going to be higher. The MINUTE you knew that you were committing to Yadi for another 3 years, and you werent going to make him play some 1B, you should have flipped Kelly for the most you could have.

We did great jobs of that with prospects in the past, but for some reason we just sat on Kelly. And now he doesnt hold even half the value he used to. Those are the type of things Mo & Co. have done lately that piss me off, not necessarily missing on guys like Stanton or Price

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Those are the type of things Mo & Co. have done lately that piss me off, not necessarily missing on guys like Stanton or Price

No one should hold animosity toward the FO on Price or Stanton. They did all they could on those fronts. The players had control in both scenarios of where they ultimately wanted to be...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

No one should hold animosity toward the FO on Price or Stanton. They did all they could on those fronts. The players had control in both scenarios of where they ultimately wanted to be...

Oh yea. Me and you, and most of this forum know that. But when you expand that into most of the BFIB they still think its Mo's fault.

The one that may have some merit is choosing to trade for Ozuna over Yelich. I still side with Mo on his move, because of the arm and a leg that it would have cost us to get Yelich, but I can understand that argument.

To me its not getting any value for Kelly, Gyorko, Carpenter, J Martinez, Lynn, Oh, Rosenthal, etc...

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?