The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Schildt is getting into Matheny territory now...

His obsession with playing Edman is getting out of hand...

I even cautioned against a Bo Hart situation earlier. But the guy just posted a 7/13 series at the plate while starting at 3 different positions. Hard to argue with that right now

20 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If Jose Martinez is headed for the IL, they can't pass over Randy Arozarena again right?

Especially since we’ve got a spot on the 40 open. Randy needs to be put on by the end of the season anyway because he’s rule 5 eligible. May as well do it now.

My fear is they finally being him up and then never give him any run. Our OF should be Ozuna - Randy A - Thomas. 

Fowler could get starts as the 4th, switching out with Randy and Thomas.

Edited by MOSteelers56

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

If Jose Martinez is headed for the IL, they can't pass over Randy Arozarena again right?

Yeah I think they’ll leave him down there until September. With Jose being hurt, it finally opens up the outfield a bit. I’d like to see something like....Ozuna-Thomas-Fowler/Edman for the next handful of games at least. And I’m a huge Randy fan, he should of been up here 2 months ago. But if we call him up and I see a Ozuna-Fowler-Edman ran outfield with Thomas and Randy on the bench for a week+ I’m gonna be pissed off. 

I bet Leone gets the call up and they role with an extra BP arm for awhile. Not the biggest Leone fan but he’s been decent here recently for Memphis. And I’m all for giving some guys down there as much rest as they can. 

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yadier Molina has been doing this for a decade, but people praise him because "he always makes contact" . Get this nonsense out of here.

Molina averages 63 strikeouts over a full season in his 16 year career.

Ozuna averages 141 over 7 year. 

I'm not completely trashing Ozuna (in fact, my initial post was basically a joke), but that is a reach. There's a huge difference in the "always makes contact" aspect between the two of them. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?