The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Seems like he’ll be ready for a September call-up or right now... Then again, he’ll just rot on the bench.

Of all things complained about this year, Hypothetically not enough September at-bats for Carlson may be the most absurd one I have heard yet.

10 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So glad Carp is back.... SMH

Hitting about .195 since he came off the IL. I was all for giving him some playing time, because this team is better when Carpenter's hitting. But at some point you just gotta call it, he's been terrible and his bat speed looks slower. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Hitting about .195 since he came off the IL. I was all for giving him some playing time, because this team is better when Carpenter's hitting. But at some point you just gotta call it, he's been terrible and his bat speed looks slower. 

I bet his shoulder and back are completely shot. I don't want him playing this season. I'm ok with giving him another shot next year, but I'm not hopeful he'll ever rebound. 

10 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Imagine if we didn't give him that extension last offseason  and we gave Josh Donaldson that 1 year deal...

13 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Imagine if we didn't give him that extension last offseason  and we gave Josh Donaldson that 1 year deal...

Ive expressed my thoughts on the first part, but its alot easier to say "what if we signed Donaldson" than the reality of actually getting him in here.

As soon as we added Goldschmidt (which was the top priority) and we already had Carpenter/Gyorko/Munoz on the roster, there was no chance we would land JD. He was looking for playing time and at bats to rebuild his value. That was no longer an option here.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?