The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yep, thats why we lost, not because we Intentionally Walked the winning run

Where did I say that was the reason we lost? Yes walking the winning run was stupid, but Ozuna leaving his feet to catch a ball that he had no chance At was just as dumb. 

13 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Where did I say that was the reason we lost? Yes walking the winning run was stupid, but Ozuna leaving his feet to catch a ball that he had no chance At was just as dumb. 

No chance? He almost caught it. People are acting like he dove for a ball 20ft in front of him. Ill take the Gold Glove outfielder trying to make a play to end the game on the road every single time.

Ok, let’s agree to disagree here, no sense in arguing over a single play. There were some dumb things going on that inning and while I can appreciate the effort, I dont think Ozuna played that right. A sinking liner that’s slicing away from him....I didnt see The catch probability yet, but I’m guessing it was somewhere in the 20-30% range. 

But we struck out 19 times last night, so it’s not like we deserved to win that game anyways. 

Bowman back to the DL with Blisters. 

My question is, why the hell did Matheny let him pitch last night? It was obvious he was dealing with something on his hand last night, he was blowing on his fingers after every pitch. Matheny should of saw that and taken him out right then and there, none of this “he said he was fine” BS that Matheny loves to pull. 

12 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is it time to get Dakota Hudson up here? Maybe put Weaver on the 10-day and have Hudson make a few starts. If anything it adds a nice piece to the bullpen. 

I could see Hudson getting the nod now that Wacha went down too. We might see Gomber and Hudson back up in a hurry. Weaver is floundering and Wacha is hurt.

3 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

Man, the hits just keep coming, don't they?  Injury hits, I mean...not actual hits.  Still looking for more of those.

I'm with @MOSteelers56 about bringing up Hudson, but he's not on the 40-man, is he?  

No Hudson is currently not on the 40-man, but he can easily be added. Just move Alex Reyes or Ryan Sheriff to the 60-Day DL. 

34 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It won't be Hudson up...

We recalled John Gant to take Wacha's spot. Seems like Poncedeleon would be next in line as well before Hudson...

Heard we called Gant up for the Brewers series to be available out of the Pen. You’re probably right about Ponce though, even though I disagree With it. 

12 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Glad the Cards came to play today. Great job by Martinez, he was filthy. 

I've come to the realization that this team is a carbon copy of the 2016 and 2017 team. I know we've got a ton of injuries right now, but that can't be an excuse...

Even the times we've had majority of our guys healthy, we simply have been inconsistent and under-performed. We're in a stretch right now where we play 4 1st place teams in a row and no urgency at all.

The fact of the matter to me is that even when healthy, this team is good enough to stay above .500, but not good enough to really compete for the post season. I don't think adding 1 piece fixes the issue either.

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I've come to the realization that this team is a carbon copy of the 2016 and 2017 team. I know we've got a ton of injuries right now, but that can't be an excuse...

Even the times we've had majority of our guys healthy, we simply have been inconsistent and under-performed. We're in a stretch right now where we play 4 1st place teams in a row and no urgency at all.

The fact of the matter to me is that even when healthy, this team is good enough to stay above .500, but not good enough to really compete for the post season. I don't think adding 1 piece fixes the issue either.

It's frustrating, for sure.  I think if they can get healthy, they're capable of going on a run.  But I'm not holding my breath.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?