The STL Cardinals Thread - Is It The Offseason Yet?

CWood21

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Only makes sense if they’re planning on moving Carlos to the rotation. Our BP is the least of my concerns. 

That has to be the move. No other reason to make a change at closer since Carlos has been solid there. 

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

That has to be the move. No other reason to make a change at closer since Carlos has been solid there. 

While I agree, I don't think it's gonna happen. I think CMart remains in BP this year. In offseason they'll either trade him, or have him train to be starter and plan to have him in rotation for 2020...

Jen Langosch echoed this today...

28 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The Tommy Pham trade really stings now. I was sceptical he'd rebound and produce like he did in 2017, but he has. 

He's exactly what offense needs at top of the order and has the attitude this team is missing...

He was also going to be a malcontent over his contract, and was a redundancy with the rest of the lineup. 

It all stems from signing Dexter Fowler

Looks like Wacha to the bullpen is going to be permanent. Maybe this is me putting way to much into a few starts by Ponce, but I feel A lot better about the rotation right now. 

It’d be even better with Carlos in there though! 

You always take what Mo tells you with a grain of salt, but he did say at a recent event that they were planning on moving Carlos to the rotation but that the Hicks injury changed things. From reading the article (and I’ll try and find it to post on here) I got The sense that they’d be in the Market for Relievers, specifically one with Closing experience. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 9:07 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

Looks like Wacha to the bullpen is going to be permanent.

Ive been banging this drum for 3+ years now. Wacha is a Closer. His stuff is there for once through the Lineup then he gets shelled.

Just flip him and Carlos and I would be very happy

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ive been banging this drum for 3+ years now. Wacha is a Closer. His stuff is there for once through the Lineup then he gets shelled.

Just flip him and Carlos and I would be very happy

I’ve honestly never been a fan of moving Michael Wacha to that role. And in the last 2 seasons his first innings haven’t been that good at all. 

He just needs to go to AAA to work on things. His FB and cutter have been to inconsistent, which is probably why his walk-rate is at a career high and his K-rate at a career low. 

13 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I’ve honestly never been a fan of moving Michael Wacha to that role. And in the last 2 seasons his first innings haven’t been that good at all. 

He just needs to go to AAA to work on things. His FB and cutter have been to inconsistent, which is probably why his walk-rate is at a career high and his K-rate at a career low. 

I was banging the same drum as @StLunatic88 for Wacha. I remember both of us feeling he could be an elite closer at the time. Probably could've been...

Honestly though, I'm just ready to cut ties with him now. I think he's on a drastic decline path. He's really lost his ability to miss bats. He's a wasted spot on this team now...

If you can flip him for anything of value, I would. Doubt it though. Sadly I  think we'll continue to see him eat up a BP spot for the remainder of year and then we'll move on in offseason...

On 6/30/2019 at 3:28 AM, holt_bruce81 said:

I don’t really understand how we’ve been this bad. We’ve scored 86 runs this month....worst in the NL by a pretty wide margin. Giants are 2nd worst with 108 runs scored. 

I honestly dont watch the games like I used To, like....I’d legit rather watch Paw Patrol or The Grinch for the 100th time with my 3 year old than watch this boring team. 

This season I have not watched any games that I have not attended, or weren't just on in the bar.  I have only listened to, two of the afternoon games on the radio at work.  So far, this is just not an entertaining team.