The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

8 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

It sure would be nice to win some games.

The sad thing is despite how bad the Cardinals have been, we're not out of it yet.  We're 4 GB of the NL Central leaders and 3 GB of a Wild Card spot.  How much worse can things get?

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

We've got to get Goldschmidt right. We're getting into June now...

I think he’ll figure it out. FA tens to struggle their first year(no evidence for this) and he’s a slow starter anyway. I think he’ll turn it around soon. Also, I’m liking Carp a lot more in the 5th spot.

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The sad thing is despite how bad the Cardinals have been, we're not out of it yet.  We're 4 GB of the NL Central leaders and 3 GB of a Wild Card spot.  How much worse can things get?

I think the worst is over. I can see a string of series victories coming up. I mean, like you said, it really can’t go anywhere but up. We’ve got reinforcements coming for the rotation in Gomber and Reyes. The offense just needs a guy or two to come alive and it’s good. The bullpen is still really good, and will get a bit of a break with the extra arms. Maybe a shakeup kind of trade and we’re  on track at the playoffs. We’ve been bad but we’re still in a position to make some noise in the playoffs.

18 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Molina hits the IL with thumb tendonitis, Knizner was purchased. I hope the kid gets some run, even though Wieters is mashing.

Wieters signing has been a blessing...

We avoided the worst month stretch (winning percentage) in Cardinals history by winning our last 2 games in May...

19. Cardinals – Zack Thompson, LHP, Kentucky
We also have them with Puerto Rican prep SS Matthew Lugo, who they’d need to take here if they want him, since he likely goes in the middle-30’s. Priester, Wilson, Busch, Thompson, and Hampton are all in consideration in that order here.

Per FanGraphs

Probably the least I've been prepared for a MLB Draft.  The medical concerns are there, which is why I think the Cardinals wouldn't take Thompson.  Lugo sounds a bit intriguing.

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Per FanGraphs

Probably the least I've been prepared for a MLB Draft.  The medical concerns are there, which is why I think the Cardinals wouldn't take Thompson.  Lugo sounds a bit intriguing.

#19 seems a bit early for Lugo but I’ve heard his name before to the Cardinals. Maybe from Keith Law, can’t really remember. 

Would prefer Quinn Preister or Will Wilson of the players listed above. And I know Keith Law has mentioned the Cards being in on Maurice Hampton quite a few times. He’s to Raw for my liking though. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?