The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Reyes put up another stinker in Memphis. He really needs to get his mechanics back on track. I read his velocity is normal, so I have to figure it's mechanics that are getting him. It's got to be frustrating for him. He looked so good but then got hurt for 2 years. I think we need to stay patient. 

Are they really going to let Michael Wacha start this Friday? I mean I get It, Moe wants to squeeze everything he can out of a player....but this is ridiculous. 

The most confusing year as far as trying to understand what the hell the Cardinals are doing with their Starting rotation. 

And our best starter is in the damn bullpen, Carlos Martinez. And that’s confusing as hell. He gets hurt during Spring Training, says he wants to remain a starter and then a few weeks later says he’d do anything to help the team, then says he wants to pitch out of the bullpen....and recently as of a few weeks ago tells everyone that he’s going to be in the rotation after the All-Star break and Shildt was good with it. 

This team just feels so lost. But somehow we are still just 2.5 out of the Division and the 1st WC.

Do we think we are just going to coast, hope the Rotation finds its feet (with Carlos rejoining) and maybe the bats wake up a bit and we make a push?

Would we make a move to help with that? what would that even be?

Or will we continue to just tread water, just out of reach? Weve had too many of those seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

This team just feels so lost. But somehow we are still just 2.5 out of the Division and the 1st WC.

Do we think we are just going to coast, hope the Rotation finds its feet (with Carlos rejoining) and maybe the bats wake up a bit and we make a push?

Or will we continue to just tread water, just out of reach? Weve had too many of those seasons.

I’ve wanted Marcus Stroman for like 3 years now. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Couldn't agree more. So frustrating the way we've played. but somehow we're right there...

Only hope I have is seeing 1st hand what can happen to an underachieving team (Blues) when a shakeup happens and a fire gets lit under their ***. Can go from worst to 1st...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Couldn't agree more. So frustrating the way we've played. but somehow we're right there...

Only hope I have is seeing 1st hand what can happen to an underachieving team (Blues) when a shakeup happens and a fire gets lit under their ***. Can go from worst to 1st...

Normally Id agree with you, but that shake up already happened last year. And I dont see the spot where that can happen for this squad

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

The Cardinals are where they are because they’ve been completely dumb with the pitching staff. Letting Michael Wacha continue to start games is idiotic, giving Genesis Cabrera a few starts over Ponce is idiotic, having Carlos in the bullpen is idiotic.....

Plus continuing to send Ponce down... How Wacha still has a job is beyond me.

15 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

The Cardinals are where they are because they’ve been completely dumb with the pitching staff. Letting Michael Wacha continue to start games is idiotic, giving Genesis Cabrera a few starts over Ponce is idiotic, having Carlos in the bullpen is idiotic.....

Agreed. They've had some serious head scratching moves, especially recently...

The FOs loyalty to the veterans (Wacha, Wainwright, etc.) has really been hindering this team last few years. We all thought it was just tied to Matheny, but it's clearly not...

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?