The STL Cardinals Thread - Is It The Offseason Yet?

CWood21

According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the agent for Yadier Molina is expected to engage the Cardinals "soon" in negotiations toward a contract extension.

"The idea is to get something done early and see what can happen," Molina told Goold on Wednesday. "That would be great. That would be good. That would be awesome." 

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch, the agent for Yadier Molina is expected to engage the Cardinals "soon" in negotiations toward a contract extension.

"The idea is to get something done early and see what can happen," Molina told Goold on Wednesday. "That would be great. That would be good. That would be awesome." 

I don’t even know why I’m saying this, but for the love of god, if this extension happens, please play the backup catcher more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Did y’all see the stuff about Mo discussing moving Hicks into a starting role to help his arm? It could be pretty interesting. I think he was originally a starter, right? I just hope, whatever happens, his arm can stay healthy. His got special stuff.

Yep, That’s interesting. I guess We’ll see. What are the long term plans with Cabrera? I wonder If his future is still as a Starter. 

Well, I think it's safe to say that 3 game sweep of us by the Braves sealed our chances to make the WC...

Our BP is a disaster right now and offense continues to be bottom 10 in MLB every statistical offense category...

I expect some roster turnover this year because this 'core' we've had going for 3-4 years now isn't getting it done...

I finally saw my second win this season.

I think I am 2-5, but I'm not sure.

From now on, I am implementing a new cheering strategy.  I am picking a player on the opposing team, at random, and booing them every at bat.  Tonight I got most of the section I was in, and the next one over to boo the Royals' SS whateverhisnameis Alberto.  Next time I go, I will decide who gets the boo birds.  I don't care about "best fans in baseball." Let's be: "the most really good to 8 of 9 players and a total richard to the one other guy fans in baseball."

9 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

88 pitch Maddux for Waino. That guys a beast. 

I pray he wants to come back next year and finish his career with us on a potential high note (of at least making the playoffs).

We desperately need his innings. Not to mention, he's still the unequivocal ace of this staff.

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I pray he wants to come back next year and finish his career with us on a potential high note (of at least making the playoffs).

We desperately need his innings. Not to mention, he's still the unequivocal ace of this staff.

22 wins away from 200 in his career. Does he get there? 

52 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

22 wins away from 200 in his career. Does he get there? 

So he's got 7 starts left this year and let's say he wins 4 of those. So now you're at 18 heading into 2022. It would take a monster year for him to get that...

Realistically, he would need to pitch into 2023 to do so and I don't think that happens. I think if he comes back, 2022 will be his final year no matter what. He's said before he doesn't want to continue to miss out on his kids lives and he has like 5.

Nolan Gorman had a rough start in AAA (4/39 .102 BA, 0 XBH, -24 wRC+) 

But since then…

33/108 .305 BA, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 6 Home runs, wRC+ up to 87. 

And a very reasonable 20.5% Strikeout rate. I take that all day with him. Would like to see him walk more though. He’s got around a 5% walk rate. 

He and Walker man, they’re going to be fun to watch.