The STL Cardinals Thread - Is It The Offseason Yet?

CWood21

13 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So who we thinking for DH Schwarber? I don’t signing Pujols but I definitely don’t want him as the full time DH. As a bench bat like he is now? Absolutely 

He should definitely be an option to look at for the DH spot. He's a lefty bat that we could use, has good pop and gets on base at an above .330 percentage for his career.

We definitely need to add another bat to this lineup and the DH seems to be that route if we dont go for/land one of these SS.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He should definitely be an option to look at for the DH spot. He's a lefty bat that we could use, has good pop and gets on base at an above .330 percentage for his career.

We definitely need to add another bat to this lineup and the DH seems to be that route if we dont go for/land one of these SS.

Still think adding a top tier SS should be the top priority but adding a big lefty bat at DH should be up there as well. Obviously pitching should be a priority as well but we at least have some good players there at least when healthy. The SP market doesn’t look all that hot anyway. Are we against bringing someone like Lester/Happ back? Someone to at least eat up innings at the back of the rotation. You guys know way more about baseball contracts so I have no clue what’s even doable this offseason. Would love to get the lineup looking top tier by adding a SS and someone like Schwarber for DH.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

15 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So who we thinking for DH Schwarber? I don’t signing Pujols but I definitely don’t want him as the full time DH. As a bench bat like he is now? Absolutely 

I want Pujols for DH, but I say that knowing fully that there are better options out there (like Schwarber). I just think a reunion tour of Pujols/Yadi/Waino with the other guys like Goldy/Arenado/Tyler/Carlson/Bader would be awesome to watch.

Plus it would let us spend up on another starter or big SS. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If you sign Albert Pujols, hes coming to be atleast a rotational DH. Which limits anyone else youre going to get as the other half of that Platoon. A Kyle Schwarber caliber guy isnt coming to be a part timer

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

If you sign Albert Pujols, hes coming to be atleast a rotational DH. Which limits anyone else youre going to get as the other half of that Platoon. A Kyle Schwarber caliber guy isnt coming to be a part timer

Eh then I’d rather go after someone like Schwarber. I definitely don’t want Pujols playing that much.