The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

10 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

If there ends up being nothing wrong with Flaherty….what’s our starting 5 look like right now?

1. Wainwright (putting him here because he's still the de facto ace of the team and will get the opening day nod)

2. Flaherty

3. Matz

4. Mikolas

5. Hudson

I get that we want to see what we have with the internal options, but man with the Reds completely selling off their team, The Pirates being the Pirates and the Cubs going through a 1 year re-tool, it's really us and the Brewers. In such a down division, seems like now would be the time to be uber aggressive and almost assure yourself the NL central crown. 

Then again, that could be FO's thinking and the reason they're content standing pat for now. 

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

1. Wainwright (putting him here because he's still the de facto ace of the team and will get the opening day nod)

2. Flaherty

3. Matz

4. Mikolas

5. Hudson

How many innings are we expecting to get from Hudson? Seems unreasonable to expect him to go from 26 innings pitched to 150+ 

3 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

How many innings are we expecting to get from Hudson? Seems unreasonable to expect him to go from 26 innings pitched to 150+ 

I'm thinking it's somewhere between 75-125 innings. It's hard to gauge because they way he pitches lends to him being able to eat more innings, but he has thrown over 50 IP 1x since coming up to MLB...

Honestly, I thought we needed another veteran arm before the Flaherty and Reyes news and I know we added Verhagan, but I still see a large hole of innings we're going to have to fill with guys like Woodford, Oviedo again. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?