The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

I cant remember if we've ever talked about it here, but I just cant comprehend why people are so against the expansion of the Wild Card.

Especially people who try to claim things were better before there was a single Wild Card team in each League.

The minute we clinched the other night, there would have been only 3 teams left fighting for one play off spot. and games would only have mattered for like 5 teams (add the NL East race) for the final week of the season, in ALL of baseball. That is not good for the sport.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We can beat the Phillies, right? I've heard their pitching is almost as bad as ours. I hope our offense finds a spark. 

Really? I thought that was the clear advantage they had? Nola and Wheeler are a damn good duo. Not sure how deep they are past that. Now I have no idea about their bullpen though.

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Really? I thought that was the clear advantage they had? Nola and Wheeler are a damn good duo. Not sure how deep they are past that. Now I have no idea about their bullpen though.

I've heard it was their pen that was rough. Just gotta chase their starters, which is easier said than done. 

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?