The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

On 3/31/2023 at 12:51 PM, kgarrett12486 said:

I'm okay with it, as this staff is mostly made up of guys that pitch to contact. it's why we have the elite defense behind them at just about every position on the infield and above average defenders at every OF spot. 

Like you said though, they have to throw strikes. Ususally though, this early in the season that is a consistency problem for most pitchers and it ususally takes them a fe weeks to catch up to the hitters. 

The problem I have is that 2 of our SPs (Flaherty and Matz) missed a significant chunk of time last year, plus you have a 41 year old as another SP.  Right now, the only SP that I think the Cardinals could rely on are Miles Mikolas and Jordan Montgomery.  If I were more comfortable with the arms in Memphis, I'd probably be less worried about the rotation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Jordan Walker isn’t making the team and I’m just preparing you guys

Am I doing it right?

They did something this organization has never done before, and I admitted I was wrong. You can throw stones as soon as you are on that level playing field

so no, you aren’t doing it right

Well, I am 1-0 so far this season.  Next outing is the 14th.

I am not sure that I have ever seen so many walks issued without runs scored.  The pitching was downright bad today.  Luckily the wind was swirling and they couldn't take advantage of the men on base.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Good series win against a quality opponent 

Yup, and we could've taken game 1 if Contreras doesn't leave the game.

Pitching is still something to keep an eye on, but even if it can just be average, our offense should be able to win us a ton of games. 

12 hours ago, JonStark said:

Yup, and we could've taken game 1 if Contreras doesn't leave the game.

Pitching is still something to keep an eye on, but even if it can just be average, our offense should be able to win us a ton of games. 

Feels like we are going to be in a lot of 6-4 and 7-6 games. Which is always fun to watch. But if someone shuts down the offense, might as well pack it up for the day

• Like 1

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?